šŸ˜² Date Night Disasters - Spill the tea!

I had several first date disasters years ago, I wish I hadnā€™t bothered.

I feel bad laughing, condolences on your uncle and his dad but accidentally dating your cousin is hilarious! :rofl:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been on many actual ā€œdates,ā€ but when I first met my boyfriend I got in his car, it was a ute and I was so embarrassed because the windows got all steamed and fogged up and I was convinced it was because I was so attracted to him. I ended up inviting him around for dinner on Valentineā€™s Day so I call that our anniversary. We recently split up for a few months but we just got back together which was a relief for me. Not really a dating story because getting into his car isnā€™t what Iā€™d consider to be a date but it was funny and embarrassing at the same time. Looking back both of us must have contributed to the steaming up of the windows, it couldnā€™t have just been me.

1 Like

Oh boy, this reminds me of the one and only date Iā€™ve really been on, years ago, still havenā€™t dated since :joy:
Apologies for how long this is!
(Quick disclaimer, Iā€™m super introverted, and also this relationship was abusive, which gives a little context as to why I didnā€™t speak up)

So it was with my (now ex)boyfriend at the time, weā€™d only been together a couple months, but never been on an actual date.
He wanted to take me out for Valentines Day, I just wanted to go out for coffee, that was it, he said okay, just coffee.

Got a call the morning of and was told to be ready in 20 mins. Okay, whatever. Got up, quick shower, throw on a dress and some makeup.

Get picked up by him and his mum, and his mum drives us to the cinema. Not what I agreed to.
We go in, he buys two tickets for a shitty comedy film I didnā€™t want to see. No drinks, no popcorn, nothing. I even offered to buy, and he said no.
Itā€™s like 11am, and I hadnā€™t eaten breakfast, but no big deal, weā€™ll probably grab food after.

Go in, start watching the movie (it was awful, and seeing it now still scars me :joy:). He decides that an hour in, heā€™s hungry, and leaves me there, alone in the cinema, while he goes and grabs food.

When he returns, he only bought food for him, and it was something I couldnā€™t eat due to a medical condition (had jalapenos in it, and spicy food would trigger my condition). He eats, I just sit there watching the movie :sleeping:.

He finishes his food, and decides thatā€™s the perfect time to try and shove his tongue down my throat :nauseated_face: still had food residue in his mouth, jalapenos included!

Movie ends (3hrs, still no food for me), I go to call for a ride home, he insists we go to his place.
So we go to his place, where he properly introduces me to his mum, and then proceeds to try and push me down on his bed to make-out again, but his mother interrupts (thankfully) telling him he needs to do something really quick.

I quickly send an SOS text to my friend, who immediately gives me a call with a fake emergency, tears and all (bless her), saying she needed to crash at my house for the night. BFā€™s mum offered to drive me home, and I got the hell out of there :joy:

Havenā€™t bothered going on a date since, or even dated. Absolute nightmare!

3 Likes

@RacyRosalee . Hopefully he is still single and no one else had your experience.
I wouldnt let it put you off. Im sure he is the exception rather than the norm. Use your own instincts and accept a date of your choosing, from the many admirers you no doubt haveā€¦ if your photos are anything to go byeā€¦ along with your friendly personality.

1 Like

@Iwill oh trust me, his life went to absolute chaos, so Iā€™m glad I got away when I did! :face_exhaling: Heā€™s tried getting in touch with me directly and through the last of our mutual friends over the years, but Iā€™ve got way too much confidence and self-respect to let him drag me back :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Honestly Iā€™ve just loved being single, and I have always told myself that I wasnā€™t going to date until I was completely content with being able to spend time by myself and not feeling lonely. Also, Iā€™m a huge homebody, I donā€™t go out often, so you all probably see a lot more of me than the outside world does :rofl:

6 Likes

Just remember you are only young onceā€¦enjoy your youth while you can.

3 Likes

I went to see a local band on the beach with a friend of mine. I wanted to see if there was a spark but honestly I found him a little condescending. He bumped into a friend and asked him to sit with us, and I was relieved because I wanted the date to end. We parted ways at the end of the evening, and I had no intention to meet up again.

A text arrived three hours later with a ā€œSorry, youā€™re not my type.ā€ I didnā€™t know what to reply, so I didnā€™t. Then I got a barrage of text messages about God, waiting until marriage, and him looking for a long-term meaningful relationship. His last text was a suggestion we donā€™t opt for a second date. I think my reply ā€œGood.ā€ summed it up.

1 Like

I have a few belters.

Went on a date with a female years ago, we were just chatting and getting along etc. I explained how, because of my career choice at the time, i couldnt take drugs and would be with anyone who does, also explained my feelings because ive a kid, and witnessed a friends kid in at said friends drugs once.
She laughed and acknowledged this and we went on chatting, about an hour later. She excused herself to go to the little girls room, came back and had clearly been snorting coke. White hanging out her nose and going 100mph pupiles away to buggery.
I asked ā€œyou away having a wee bit of ching? A line?ā€ ā€œNoā€ she saidā€¦i pointed out she has a white biy at her nose and her sudden burst of chatter speed. She said ā€œaw well i did a wee bit of charlie, but its ok, we are ok are we not?ā€
I was baffledā€¦(never done this before on a first date) i asked ā€œdo you find me attractive and think we would be good together?ā€ She replied ā€œyeahā€ i shook my head, got up and left. Walked straight out to my car.

After sitting in my car a second texting my mate, she appearwd at my window, asking if i was going to take her home because i picked her upā€¦felt guilty so said yeah, also then realised i left her to pay for our coffees and stuff (woops lol) so i dropped her off in pure awkward silence. Blocked and deleted her number round the corner after dropping her off.

I had another with a a girl who knew my mate. She was lovely, kept hinting at sex stuff though. After a couple of dates and we were more comfortable, i asked about her continual sexual refences, was it to impressed me or was she just like that, cause either is fine i like a sex reference, but it turned out, our friend in common had told her i had a ā€œmassive dick, big fat fuckerā€ (exact words) and she really wanted a go, but wasnt intrested in a relationship.
Again, once i dropped her off i explained i wasnt intrested in just sex and was looking for moreā€¦she never repied lol.

Ive probably a few more

1 Like