spontaneous outbreaks of romance !

We have had a great two days - and it all started on impulse!

On Friday i wa passing my OH's favourite lingerie shop. She has seen a couple of complete sets she liked, and I thought Id drop in to see is they had anything that might make her smile. Oh joy! they did! So I indulged her - and wow the new set looks fabulous (can share the details if anyone likes..) so after it was gift wrapped, and given a waft of La Perla parfum so it has a certain allure when opened the shop congratulated at me on what was going to be a great evening / day and what was the occasion? None I said, its just because.

So I got home and just put the box casualy down and wondered at what point she would spot it. She got home and didnt see it for two hours... Then she said "is this for me?"

The box got opened, the tissue paper scented with parfum parted, and the smile that she gave me made my heart leap. So the scene was set for saturday night - I like to cook and she likes to dress to impress, so the food was sorted and the LBD and new shoes came out and wow - she looked amasing. Dinner wafted by - the bubbles went down well... Then she suggests lets go to the other room, by the fire... and are you bringing the camera....

The slow seductive strip that followed, was breathtaking.... And the new lingerie her new firm faourite...

Anyone else had a spontaneous outbreak of romance?

Is it romance if it was just an excuse to see her in new skimpies?

Lovely thought actually. It may not sound romantic but it's the silly little things like buying Ad a certain paper she might like to make cards or spontaneously buying her a bag of white Malteasers because she might like them. I like the little gestures that say "I don't need to actively consider getting you something it's just something impulsive".

Yeah to me it's the little things that count for so much!

One of the loveliest things (and WandA won't remember this but I do) was when my shoulder was playing up and I wanted to a milkshake - he took the bottle from me, shook it up, opened it and gave it back to me - it was nice that he'd noticed I was in pain but didn't even say a word about giving me a hand.

It's any gesture that shows thoughtfullness so it doesn't need to be expensive - picking me up something he knows, or thinks I might love is really romantic :)

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Yeah to me it's the little things that count for so much!

One of the loveliest things (and WandA won't remember this but I do) was when my shoulder was playing up and I wanted to a milkshake - he took the bottle from me, shook it up, opened it and gave it back to me - it was nice that he'd noticed I was in pain but didn't even say a word about giving me a hand.

It's any gesture that shows thoughtfullness so it doesn't need to be expensive - picking me up something he knows, or thinks I might love is really romantic :)

Adx

totally agree

I had a bag of donuts delivered to me a couple of days ago!

:)

xx

Yeah i love when my partner brings me a snickers when i'm in a bad mood! cheers me up no end!

VW x

It is the little gestures and things that make you go ooh that make the difference!

And some things when you get chance that are well, so so nice make a big difference. The key is the element of suprise.....

So who else does this - go on share!

I'm more a fan of little romance gesture that maybe only you two can appreciate,

I bought my OH a tub of cherry drops (a huge tub - 400 sweets) in a jar with a note saying i want to still be with you when your sucking on your last cherry drop.

reason being, everytime i was in his car i pinched all his cherry drops as i was addicted as a kid, his favourite too... i spent £30 on sweets but well worth it hehe.... i thought that would be more romantic for him...

also my opinion, i do like roses but they can be bought without much thought.

xGHx

GHxx wrote:

I'm more a fan of little romance gesture that maybe only you two can appreciate,

I bought my OH a tub of cherry drops (a huge tub - 400 sweets) in a jar with a note saying i want to still be with you when your sucking on your last cherry drop.

reason being, everytime i was in his car i pinched all his cherry drops as i was addicted as a kid, his favourite too... i spent £30 on sweets but well worth it hehe.... i thought that would be more romantic for him...

xGHx

Aw!

Although " i want to still be with you when your sucking on your last cherry drop" sounds rather euphemistic!

I don't exactly get much romance here but this morning we both woke up really cuddly it was only a little thing but just really yummy! He's normally such an earlybird that he has to get up straight away, it was a great way to wake up.

x

WandA wrote:

GHxx wrote:

xGHx

Aw!

Although " i want to still be with you when your sucking on your last cherry drop" sounds rather euphemistic!

it was meant to be a little bit cheeky!!

xGHx

GHxx wrote:

WandA wrote:

GHxx wrote:

xGHx

Aw!

it was meant to be a little bit cheeky!!

xGHx

Suckcess!

Ooh I'd love stuff like that. I've never actually had anyone buy me any lingerie before. Let alone fancy stuff that comes in a box doused in perfume. My ex's idea of a romantic gift was some fluffy bedsocks with a big cow's head on :|.

Aww, I wish my OH would do more stuff like this. We've been together almost two years now and I can only really think of one romantic thing he's done. I took him to the leisure park where I worked back along (I really have no idea why I did that), and we went on the miniature railway to get back to the car park. Every time we went through a tunnel and we were in total darkness, he'd leap over and kiss me.

Ecksvie wrote:

Aww, I wish my OH would do more stuff like this. We've been together almost two years now and I can only really think of one romantic thing he's done. I took him to the leisure park where I worked back along (I really have no idea why I did that), and we went on the miniature railway to get back to the car park. Every time we went through a tunnel and we were in total darkness, he'd leap over and kiss me.

If it's out of character are you sure it was him...External Media

Vampyrewillow wrote:

Yeah i love when my partner brings me a snickers when i'm in a bad mood! cheers me up no end!

VW x

Yeah I like it when the OH brings me a kinder egg from the spar just because he saw it and thought I would like one!

Also sometimes when he goes out he asks "Do you want anything from... such-n-such a place?" And I'll say "Surprise me!" - Ok so it's not exactly spontaneous, but I love seeing the little things he brings back, something that he saw and just knew I would like!

The best was when he went to tescos and he brought back an apron for when I bake cakes (which I do a LOT) - it's decorated with cupcakes and is just me all over! (only cost him like, £4 aswell, so thats a plus) He just knew exactly what I would like and it was very romantic! External Media

chipNroll wrote:

Ooh I'd love stuff like that. I've never actually had anyone buy me any lingerie before. Let alone fancy stuff that comes in a box doused in perfume. My ex's idea of a romantic gift was some fluffy bedsocks with a big cow's head on :|.

Mrs Monster actually has a borderline cow fetish, extending to anything black and white and spotty! She'd have loved the cow socks even though it's getting hard to move round the house without bumping into another cow. External Media

On the other hand, she does drop occasional hints about "clothes that come in boxes, wrapped with tissue".

Maybe I should start taking action based on these hints rather than going "That's interesting"...

Haha! Maybe Monster, maybee....

My cows weren't even classy black, white & spotty ones. They were gawdy big brown novelty ones.

Oh and they didn't smell of fancy perfume but he did spill some yazoo on them first, leaving a slight waft of banana.

Mr Monster wrote:

On the other hand, she does drop occasional hints about "clothes that come in boxes, wrapped with tissue".

Maybe I should start taking action based on these hints rather than going "That's interesting"...

I love the image of her internally raging at your inability to take the hint. External Media

I like doing little things when I'm with something, like if he has to get up early for work and I've the day off, I get up super early in stealth mode and make his favourite breakfast and get the kettle on so he has something nice to cheer him up. Think the biggest thing I really did was once when my then OH's grandfather died, I was working the day of the funeral, but convinced my boss to let me have an extended lunch in exchange for staying late - which meant I had no dinner time before heading to job#2 - and calling up to the church to meet them after for a cuddle and to check if he was ok, and when he got called away to deal with things I stayed with his little brother, who was really upset. Made the whole day a lot easier for him, just making sure he knew that, despite him having to mind everyone else, there was someone there to mind him and help out. Don't know if that's romantic, per se, but definitely showing love in a small yet important way.

chipNroll wrote:

Haha! Maybe Monster, maybee....

My cows weren't even classy black, white & spotty ones. They were gawdy big brown novelty ones.

Oh and they didn't smell of fancy perfume but he did spill some yazoo on them first, leaving a slight waft of banana.

Are you sure the milkshake wasn't a fitting romantic smell?

Hah! at Mr M... Sometimes us blokes aren't quite as oblivious as we make out ey? External Media

WandA wrote:

Hah! at Mr M... Sometimes us blokes aren't quite as oblivious as we make out ey? External Media

See? I noticed! Yay for me! Where's my reward Mrs M? External Media