DD+ lingerie?

After being measured today for the first time since I was 13 (shame on me) and realising I've been wearing two cup sizes too small and have to start looking in the DD+ sections in stores. I had a browse today and I'm highly dissapointed! It all seems to be the same boring stuff. The typical black, nude and white, really simple, basic and not sexy stuff. Its not just design style its the bra sttyle too, they mostly seem to be balconettes which I find seriously uncomfortable.

My style is more of the satin and lace, retro-y vintage type, generally a plunge, can any of you wonderful, larger breasted ladies suggest any brands I should try looking at?

Thank you!

Well, with DD+ breasts you don't really need a sexy bra, do you? (I put a smiley here to make it clear I was joking, but it's not showing up.)

Matalan isn't too bad, and is fairly cheap.

I just like pretty bras and things tbh! A lot of the ones I've seen are very, how to put it, mumsy and frumpy (not that the two are same!) I just dont see the point in paying £25+ on a bra that I don't like.

Do the ladies at the other end of the scale have the same problem? But instead of mumsy type they get the really young looking ones?

Yep! I'm 30C, but I tend to find that many shops only go down to 32 - fortunately I can wear and be comfortable in a 32B but it's quite hard to find sexy bras since many girls who wear this size are underage!

I'm a 34G and feel your pain. I'm in my 20's and really dont want to wear old lady type lacy bras with no filling and no colour.

I buy most of mine from M&S, some from debenhams. But I hate to break it to you... they are expensive! Most of my bras are £20-£25 minimum but worth a look in the sales, I got one for £16 yesterday!

I am a F/FF and also have the same problem. Supermarkets seem to be picking up on this though and I found some great bras and lingerie sets from Asda and Sainsburys. The superstore ones. They are also well priced, bras aren't usually more than £8. They aren't as comfortable as the more expensive ones which are designed for bigger busts but are still good. What I also do is get the cheaper sets for sexy time and the others for everyday where.

Oh and I got 2 M&S bras at £20 each and the broke after 1 month. I am not kidding, 1 month. The metal snapped on one and on the other it was poking through. I followed the washing instructions to the letter but it still happened. Thankfully I was able to return them. I will never buy another M&S bra. The ASDA and Sainsburys ones have lasted 3 months already and they are still going strong. The everyday ones and the sexy ones. No problems at all.

Asda do bras up to a G cup like MM said, but you might find you need a different size from that which you were measured today, cos they do seem to come up small cupped.

Bravissimo is the best retailer for larger sizes but at least £25 for a bra, altho in the sale should be better. They also have a great fitting guide on there so you can check it fits properly and depending where you live they might have a shop?

Leia is another good online retailer with a handful of shops and a sale on now.

Brastop is online only but has good manufacturers stocked at good prices.

You didnt say what size you'd been measured as so hope these help.

matalan, m&s and even sainsburys all do larger cup sizes

I too am a larger size on top...I'm either a DD to E depending on where I'm buying from as well as the style of bra I'm buying.

I have quite a few bras from ASDA, they actually do some really nice DD+ bras which aren't the same old boring stuff. I've seen some padded satin style material plunge bras from there recently too...if you're lucky you might find something in their current sale.

They do bras like this which is oos online but if it's something you like you could try instore - http://direct.asda.com/george/womens-lingerie/entice-the-max-satin-floral-bra/G003972310,default,pd.html

I've also got a couple of nice satin bras from Primark, which are extremely cheap to buy, though they are a pain with getting their sizes correct. I once bought the same bra in two different patterns, exactly the same size and one was too small on me. I'd say Primark are okay if you have a lot of patience and don't mind loads of trying on though.

Debenhams have gorgeous bras, but sadly I can't quite afford to splash out as they're quite pricey. If you don't mind paying then definitely try Debs, but if you don't want to spend a lot I'd recommend ASDA.

Hope that helps :)

Im 30DD and have trouble finding the right size. most shops start at 32.

Anyway, Ive found Figleaves to be great, and use ebay to search for brands I like.

Primark have some nice ones in their sale atm, generally their normal ranges don't go that big but they do have a bigger size range that is nice enough and going for about £3 each.

I've had the same problem, the worst is finding baby dolls etc that fit you nicely.

But the Rosie H-W range at m and s is beautiful, though I have found that your more successful shopping online (I'm a 32DD) than picking it up in store.

My OH shops a lot in Debenhams and M&S. Also Bravissimo/Pepperberry (both for lingerie and clothes) and BraStop.com have a good range depending on the style you are after.

Midnightlou wrote:

I've had the same problem, the worst is finding baby dolls etc that fit you nicely.

I have the same problem!!! I have a bit of a tummy, so love hiding it but still showing off my 40DD boobs. I used to go to an independent shop in the town where we live but it closed down. :(

I tend to use eBay too now to find things but there's a lot of cheap and nasty stuff on there too.

Gorge at asda has Katie Price aka Jordan range of lingerie in most of its bigger branches. If can check them out great sexy styles and generally well priced good luck babe happy shopping xx

I get my OHs from John Lewis. They have a good range.

I usually stick with debenhams, especially in sale season! I find it really hard to find propper fitting and decent quality bras, but so far they haven't failed me. Im a 32E so that is a nightmare to find! Good luck :D xx

Ultimo use to have a good selection. I have a 20% off voucher for their site right now, which is valid for one order if you're interested?

I use to have DD+ boobs and they fitted well. I found ebay good too for nicer sexy bras.

Worst bras when I had DD+ boobs was Ann Summers - the wire always seemed slightly wrong and proddy.

Debenhams is a good place and often has online sale with free delivery - just sign-up to their news letter to keep posted (It is worth it).

Now I have tiny boobs I'm often opting for calvin klien bras and similar. Although saying that I have purchased some amazing bras from Coco De Mer - and whilst I haven't tried the larger sizes I believe a few have and have a=found them to fit very well - seriously worth it, and they have a sale on right now: http://www.coco-de-mer.com/email/

I do have about 60+ bras I keep meaning to sell too, most worn once or twice and basically new, all 36 DD, although I need to sort this out. But there's loads of wondar bra, ultimo, gossard, freya, and other brands... just need to actuallly list them somewhere.

I'm an e/f cup and I buy a lot of mine from Sainsbury ,asda and primart they are not expensive and the fit is ok xx