Do tall girls like tall guys?

Hey, so im a tall guy, 6 ft 6 and built fairly sturdy and ive always had a massive thing (pun intended) for tall girls. But do taller girls tend to go for tall guys ?

3 Likes

I would suspect that there is a lot more to attraction than just height.

Everyone is different and looks for different things in a partner so I donā€™t think it can be generalised.

1 Like

As @MsSubExperimenter says, thereā€™s a lot more to attraction than just height however, as a taller girl, yes, initial attraction I always preferred guys who were a few inches taller than me as it meant I could wear heels and not feel like a giant.

Height wouldnā€™t bother me, wether taller or shorter, i wouldnā€™t be that shallow, plus itā€™s the sum of the parts not one aspect.

2 Likes

Size of a partner has never been an issue for me I am a relative short arse @5ā€™10ā€ and had girlfriends taller than me I would like to think they were with me for me not size !

2 Likes

Yeah i understand that its a complex thing i know i certainly look for more than just the physical, it was actually after a conversation woth a shorter friend who said he felt like his height was a disadvantage to his dating life, i had said how id never had any issues but then again my tallest gf was only 5ft 5 and thats what got me wondering, and as fir my mate i explained it was more than likely his face and terrible chat that held him back :grinning:

Meant to say all that in the original post but had just gotten home after a 19 hour shoft and could only manage half thoughts :sleeping:

I donā€™t think it matters really, if you 6ft 6in I donā€™t think your going to find a lady taller though.

As shallow as it may be, people do make first impressions, and being a shorter man I concur with your mate - ladies tend to like their men taller than them, as @Peitho mentioned.
But yeah, short men are at a disadvantage based on my past experience of online dating and the initial tick box exercise - however, I think in the real world when have a chance to get to actually know someone it is perhaps less of a thing.
I think it comes from a lady wanting to feel safe and protected by their man.

Iā€™d expect itā€™s down to the individual but many girls depending how they feel would rather a taller guy :thinking:

In general I think the answer is yes they do, however there are always exceptions. My wife is a hairs breadth over 6ft and I am 5ft 9.

Luckily sheā€™s not a heels kind of girl (unless I ask for them in the bedroom!), more at home in boots and wellies given that we are farming countryfolk.

4 Likes

I am only 5ft tall so everyone is taller than me!.

My Son is 5ft7 (still growing) and has zero problem attracting girls.

4 Likes

You might be small @Mrs.John but all the best things come in small packages.

4 Likes

Iā€™m a tall ā€˜ladyā€™ anyway ā€¦. Even taller in heels, which is why I need to be careful when going out and trying to blend in.

I donā€™t have an issue with any height ā€¦ itā€™s about the person for this ā€˜ladyā€™

R xx

2 Likes

I do find this quite offensive @WillC , 100% when youā€™re in a relationship itā€™s absolutely the personality that matters, if that person makes you laugh, if youā€™re on the same page, that you trust each other and are there for each other and physical appearance is very much secondary. However, to have that primary conversation and uncover what a person is about normally a physical attaction spark is needed. I should say, Iā€™m thinking back 15/20 years and online dating wasnā€™t really a thing or at least not something I ever tried so I have no knowledge on that front but at a bar or club I would be drawn to the tall, good looking guy first. Normally he was either out of my league or a 10 minute conversation killed the initial attraction because personality is much more important but first attraction would still for me, favour, the taller gent.

I probably am completely the wrong person to be saying anything as confidence and banter were definitely my biggest turn ons irregardless of height and they were the guys Iā€™d end up going home with which future relationship wise was rarely a good choice :rofl:.

Anyway, ramble to say in the past Iā€™ve dated guys who are shorter than me but more who are taller, my OH now (and for the last 12 years) is taller than me but only by an inch or so. I donā€™t think it makes me shallow to prefer dating a guy who is taller than me. I feel uncomfortable if Iā€™m taller in flats than my partner, 100% this is my own insecurities coming to the front because I feel like an unattractive giant next to a smaller guy. I like to feel feminine and if Iā€™m towering over my date I do not. In heels (which admittedly I donā€™t wear often) I am taller than my OH and thatā€™s fine, I love him and weā€™ve been together long enough now for me to get over it.

A relationship is all about the person but casual dating, yes, I favoured the taller guy. Iā€™m sorry you think this makes me shallow.

3 Likes

Since when is 5 10 short?
Were you a groupie for the local womenā€™s basketball squad ?
:grin:

2 Likes

Initial attraction as a tall girl myself is for the taller blokeā€¦sexually for me taller or similar has always worked betterā€¦but have dated smaller blokes too. As what initially attracts me isnā€™t always what worksā€¦itā€™s when I get to know someone that the mental attraction kicks inā€¦ the interestsā€¦SofHā€¦conversation etc etc.

Pheromone attraction Iā€™ve only had twice but itā€™s an amazing feeling.

Love it!!!

3 Likes

He didnā€™t reply directly to you. I think it was just a general comment. I actually would not be attracted to a girl who was taller than me. I am 6ā€™2.

Sorry - Iā€™d take a smaller girl over a taller one at first glance.

First impressions that catch my attention:

Age (seems once you are over 40 people get creeped out when you think girls who are the same age as your kids are hot), face, boobs, smile, body, ass, height/feet/legs, I guess I am the one who is shallowā€¦

Cue the hatersā€¦

Height doesnt really bother me.
Everyone is pretty much the same height when theyre horizontal in between the sheets.

I am sixteen foot 7 so I like tall girls.

I am joking.

I do like tall girls, as they can see eye to eye with me and know when I am lying. Plus they do not have to reach that far when hitting me when I have been caught out lying.

Size is irrelevant if you love someone, if you meet someone smaller or taller it should not matter if you like that person.

I have met people taller and smaller, what was important is who they are as a person. That may not apply to everyone else but for me it does, that is just me though.