Does the way you orgasm change over time?

Sorry; its a daft title for this post but I cant think of any other way to phrase it.

For years I've found the best position for me to have an orgasm is sitting astride my man with him working his magic fingers on my clitoris. Actually it was the only position where I was guaranteed one. But now I can't orgasm in that position. I get really close but just cant get there.

So we tried a few other positions and now it seems that doggy style is the position of choice. Well whaddya know....

Anyone else had this happen? Any ideas why it might be happening?

1 Like

Hmm I think your body can get used to it. I actually find it really hard to O with my clit anymore as I now tend to come via penetration which is something I never used to do. It may be the fact the OH is very talented or my body has just changed.

Who knows i'd be interested to hear what others say.

have you recently had children? I only ask as before I had my baby I couldn't come through penitration alone but since I have been able to achieve multiples through it and whereas before I would love clit play, now it just doesn't nothing for me.

This sort of does happen to me actually - I seem to go through phases where it's easier to cum in a certain position or thinking about a particular image. I'm the same with other things though I go through phases of wanting the same food all the time or listening to a particular cd. Not sure what it's all about but you're not alone!

The only thing that ALWAYS makes me cum is getting oral from DD, that's a guaranteed winner everytime no matter the position!

xxKPxx

Crikey, you guys are quick to respond! I'm glad to hear its not just me; I was starting to imagine eventually running out of positions to try. Whew!!

Lets see; no, I have no kids, but I have been making much more use of a vibe lately so maybe Occhiverdi you're right about my body getting used to it. And maybe its time for a change

I would love if oral made me cum; it feels so damn good and hubby is very dedicated (bless him!) but no dice I'm afraid!

I know its not quite the same but I don't seem to be able to squirt anymore and I think its because I got used to it OR changed what I do which means I lose the sensation.

I think its quite possible for your body to get used to one way of orgasming - and a little change kick-starts your body into thinking WOW, hello; different position and off you go again!

I've changed several times over the past years and each time is even more exciting. I've had children (a while back) and all I can say is embrace each change!

Kooky wrote:

all I can say is embrace each change!

Absolutely External Media

violeteyes wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

I know its not quite the same but I don't seem to be able to squirt anymore and I think its because I got used to it OR changed what I do which means I lose the sensation.

well masturbation orgasms never change. i am similar though when it comes to squirting. there is usually a great position for me but after a while it doesnt work so i have to find a different one.

I used to squirt when a lot younger but haven't managed it for years - really wish I could get it back - ho hum.

I do think things change even with the same partner - and I have different ones depending upon mood.

If I use a vibe too much it does de-sensitise my clitoris and so that may be it Yoko.

Not really but the intensity differs every time. It's great you never know what to expect so, no dull moments at all

Old topic but I also wondered if time for females to orgasm changes with age?

Early in our relationship my wife took longer to orgasm and often only once or twice in a session while I could be embarrassingly quick. Fast forward 25 years and at the age of 45 she can come quickly and have multiple orgasms though oral, toys, fingers and PIV or combinations of these and I’m usually the one that finishes last.

Yes it does change with age. Generally for women, the more orgasms they have, the easier they become to have as they are more comfortable with having them and knowing exactly what does and doesn’t work (sometimes millimetres can make a huge difference after all). Also with age, skin (and mucous membrane) becomes thinner so that changes how things feel. The landscape of the vagina also changes with age too so that changes how things are stimulated too.

3 Likes

Yeah I have found that as I get more and more used to something it just doesn’t do the trick anymore. But luckily I am always finding new positions and methods that get me off in new and exiting ways!