First Anniversary gift ideas

Next month its my first wedding anniversary and i have no idea what to get him.. Its supposed to be paper but it just feels a bit boring so help me with ideas!

Im hoping to make a cake and i did initially think of a journal or making him a small box of LH goodies but what to put in it?

Anyone have any other ideas it would be greatly apprieciated. x

Paper needn't be boring. The most obvious that springs to mind at present is a book…perhaps a childhood favourite or a particularly nice edition of a more recent favourite. What about a print of a painting, picture, poster etc. he likes?

Actually cotton is the traditonal 1st anniversary gift in the UK, I thought it was paper too until I looked it up for my brothers anniversary, paper is American :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary

Why not go to snapfish and make a photo album of photo of your first year of marriage together. Then it's made from paper, and is sentimental.
Then do a sexy LH gift in bed that night when he thinks all his presents are over

Here's one we made earlier... have you seen our Sexy Wedding Anniversary Gift Guide? :-D

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Here's one we made earlier... have you seen our http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/fun/buyers-guide/sexy-wedding-anniversary-gifts-lovehoney-traditional/? :-D

Hi Alice - I have never noticed this before - lots of excellent ideas there - brilliant!

Lol LH you guys think of everything!

Oooh i never knew it was cotton for us in the UK, now im back to square one lol. Ive bookmarked loads of posters and pictures damn.. Although the rope is perfect as hes looking into japanese bondage.

Im gonna make him a box just need to think of something cotton thats not clothing.

Thanks everyone :) x

Blackcherry wrote:

Oooh i never knew it was cotton for us in the UK, now im back to square one lol. Ive bookmarked loads of posters and pictures damn.. Although the rope is perfect as hes looking into japanese bondage.

Im gonna make him a box just need to think of something cotton thats not clothing.

You could always just use the cotton to lead him to the present with a note tied to the end saying follow me and tied to the other end your present

Blackcherry wrote:

Bed covers, duvets and sheets are popular choices, albeit a bit boring. I suppose you could go down the "clothes" line or buy curtains, there's not a lot you can do with cotton unfortunately...

Note to any possible future husband: Please disregard LH's suggestions. If you buy me bondage gear for the first five years, you will find yourself tied up with it until you come up with something I do like. A glass rose is acceptable, of course.

:D

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Here's one we made earlier... have you seen our http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/fun/buyers-guide/sexy-wedding-anniversary-gifts-lovehoney-traditional/? :-D

That was the best post I've read all day.

I imagined you pulling it out of an oven, a la Jamie Oliver.

you could make a hamper out of all the things he most enjoys? For instance, I would make my partner a hamper with rum, a game, ginger cake, blowjob vouchers and some nice lube, whereas he would make me a hamper with massage vouchers, massage candles, a vibrator, some oil/lube, and probably some body piercings for good measure. The great thing about making hampers is that you can design and decorate it how you like which adds an extra nice touch and shows you are putting effort into it :)

That fab have you seen this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25438 your very own LH fleece whoop tee hee

We're on 17 next anniversary, what do I get for that? except a medal! Lol X

My first and second anniversary we did the wrong way round, so I will tell you both and you can decide.

For first anniversary we did paper - went to New York so the ticket was the present and happened to be made from paper.

Second anniversary was cotton - Nice country hotels have lovely cotton bed sheets and the robes at the spa are also nice soft cotton.

Think out side of the box, an anniversary present doesn't have to be something physical to keep for ever. Memories are much better in my opinion

RubberStrumpet wrote:

you could make a hamper out of all the things he most enjoys? For instance, I would make my partner a hamper with rum, a game, ginger cake, blowjob vouchers and some nice lube, whereas he would make me a hamper with massage vouchers, massage candles, a vibrator, some oil/lube, and probably some body piercings for good measure. The great thing about making hampers is that you can design and decorate it how you like which adds an extra nice touch and shows you are putting effort into it :)

This is what i think ill do, mix and match. He loves his whiskey and movies and ill get him some new toys and rope. Thinking i could decorate it with material so its "cotton" too. x

Romeo Papa wrote:

My first and second anniversary we did the wrong way round, so I will tell you both and you can decide.

For first anniversary we did paper - went to New York so the ticket was the present and happened to be made from paper.

Second anniversary was cotton - Nice country hotels have lovely cotton bed sheets and the robes at the spa are also nice soft cotton.

Think out side of the box, an anniversary present doesn't have to be something physical to keep for ever. Memories are much better in my opinion

Oh thats a brilliant idea, i wish we could it was my original plan was to goto Paris but he just started a new job 2 weeks ago so i had to cancel it :(.

Im currently thinking of the box of favourite things and maybe a night away in London until i can get him on a plane to Paris lol x