Gobsmacked ! Secondhand sex toys anyone ?

Would i do it? No, but TBH these reactions seem a bit OTT. Especially considering people are willing to have one night stands, unprotected sex, swinging etc, you'll stick something used by who knows how many people up you as long as it's attached to a person, but freak out about an object?

What about all those random household objects people use as makeshift toys, including veg! Nobody freaked out about that thread yet those objects probably had way more bacteria on them.

Should the kids have been playing with them? No, but that's the parents fault for not supervising them, not the guy selling them.

VirginAngel wrote:

Would i do it? No, but TBH these reactions seem a bit OTT. Especially considering people are willing to have one night stands, unprotected sex, swinging etc, you'll stick something used by who knows how many people up you as long as it's attached to a person, but freak out about an object?

What about all those random household objects people use as makeshift toys, including veg! Nobody freaked out about that thread yet those objects probably had way more bacteria on them.

Should the kids have been playing with them? No, but that's the parents fault for not supervising them, not the guy selling them.

You have got a very good point, I suppose if you sanitise them and make sure they're clean then I guess there is no harm..but personally I would rather buy mine new, however, each to their own!

I'd certainly not consider buying second hand toys myself! If I knew someone well enough to be intimate with them I'd probably share toys with them, but I'm pretty picky about who I'm intimate with!
Can't imagine anyone buying sex toys from a car boot!

Just... Eww :(

VirginAngel wrote:

Actually,,,, people are not off. Lot of people do not do one night stands, or do not have unprotected sex (without condom) with anyone but their long term partners. Plus lot of us get tested before doing that, just to be on the sure side. So while the part of the body could have been used by numerous people before you came round, you are more sure it will not be giving you something nasty.

Considering lot of toys are made of porous materials, and cannot be cleaned no matter how hard you try... No, thank you. I would rather invest in my own.

Oh and I would not use vegerables. I had my share of infections down there without trying this, from just using the wrong lube. No, thank you.

OKAY................ =0

This isn't as rare as people may thin. There are site where people trade sex toys which aren't porous. I've seen sex toys in charity shops sealed and non sealed, at fetish markets, on Gumtree, on local Facebook buy and sell pages, at church charity events. CCarboots have been selling adultware for along time (from new toys mixed in with bongs and grinders to secondhand bits and bob), I know a lot of people who buy amazing bits from them, although mostly kink.
It's also common for people to buy antique medical equipment, such as sounds, although these are often made from silver and are sterilised.

In regards to the children playing with the dildos, they probably didn't know any better, and it'd probably stay that way unless someone brings it up whilst young.

Personally if they are sterilised, I see no problem with it. I've seen worse and heard worse.

Couldn't believe what I was reading. That is just plain wrong. What's next, re-cycled condoms ??

jimbogemini wrote:

Couldn't believe what I was reading. That is just plain wrong. What's next, re-cycled condoms ??

Well saying that, more people should compost their used condoms.

Lady Ness wrote:

jimbogemini wrote:

Well saying that, more people should compost their used condoms.

Compost? Didn't realise they were biodegradable.

Latex condoms and dental dams are :-)

Also can sell metal dildos as scrap metal too ^_^

Lady Ness wrote:

Latex condoms and dental dams are :-)

Also can sell metal dildos as scrap metal too ^_^

I didn't know that, that's super interesting to know

dunno why people are disgusted by this, if a product is cleaned correctly and is a non-porous product, then there isn't an issue. People sell 2nd hand sex toys on twitter or swap with other bloggers/reviewers.

Personally, I wouldn't buy from someone selling at a carboot. Although, I would point out that if there are any jelly products etc, I would warn the seller of the implications

I've heard it all now lol

I'm not quite sure why people are getting so disgusted by this, you wouldn't sterilise a cup you're about to drink from if it fell on the floor. You wouldn't sterilise your pen before you chew on the end, or your nails before you bite them. Just chill everybody.

And I don't think it's a big deal the boys playing with them, if you make it a big deal then they will likely grow up thinking dildo's are bad or embarrassing and may even end up with stagnant and boring sex lives.

Curly Wurly wrote:

I'm not quite sure why people are getting so disgusted by this, you wouldn't sterilise a cup you're about to drink from if it fell on the floor. You wouldn't sterilise your pen before you chew on the end, or your nails before you bite them. Just chill everybody.

And I don't think it's a big deal the boys playing with them, if you make it a big deal then they will likely grow up thinking dildo's are bad or embarrassing and may even end up with stagnant and boring sex lives.

The difference is that you know a used sex toy has been up someones vagina or up someones bum! If i knew someone had stuck my pen up their bum chances are i would chuck it away. Likewise if i dropped a cup on my kitchen floor and i knew some stranger had been round rubbing her bits along my floor then no i wouldnt put the cup near my mouth!

Aside from the fact these toys have been used by someone else, they arent really that cheap when you consider you can buy brand new toys from about £4!

Each to their own though, personally i wouldnt buy one secondhand!

I just wouldn't buy them :( . I can see more of market for them, say, with peoole who like to buy used pants etc.

I couldn't use it no matter how much i cleaned it as in my head I would be thinking about wether or not the previous owner was riddled with STD's! And ruin my own pleasure lol

Could you not just boil a pourous material to death? Surely through the heat alone you could kill anything?

Boiling doesn't clean porous toys 100% plus many toys can't be boiled.

Perhaps it was an Ex-Ann Summers rep selling ex-demo stuff that had only been in someones hands.

jimbogemini, Durex used to make a washable condom. So they were into recycling.