Got a new job!

Hello,

I still cannot believe this! In May I applied for positions, which I really wanted. It was like my dream position. But alas, at the end of June I was told I was not successful. BUT then recently I was told there was a second opening available, because they needed one more person due to increase of workload. And guess what! I was offered the job, because I was second choice. And they decided to go for someone from the previous applications because the interviews were from the previous month and they need someone to start as soon as possible.

I am still so excited. It will be really challenging, but this will open lot of opportunities for me and I cannot wait! I am really excited about this and apparently smiling all the time ![](upload://nXzNBAACFMemirV1148YTO7ENey.gif) ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

I hope that I can really prove I deserve this job. But really cannot wait ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

Congratulations c:

That's absolutely brilliant, Laveila! I'm really happy for you! Don't you worry, a few paragraphs and your passion is already clear. That's proof enough to me that you deserve it as much, if not more than, anyone. Hell, the employers clearly thought so too! :D

Enjoy! xx

Congratulations.

congratulations and good luck

Congratulations!

Wow! Happy for you! Congratulations!!! ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Congrats and best wishes in this new position!

That's awesome! Congratulations :). I did get a job I really wanted too last year so I know how you feel :D! When do you start?

Well done you! That's fantastic news.

Most of them say they'll keep your details for future, but I reckon 95% don't! So good that they did!

Good luck!

Freat news, many congratulations xx

Congratulations! =) That is awesome. I hope it's everything you hope it will be, and more! ^^

Congrats! :)

Congratulations !!! Well done you!.

I'm also going through a job process at the moment.

Good luck on your first day !

Hope the doors open quickly for you.

Thank you. Yes I was looking for something else, but now I do not have to. I am starting in 2 months, right now I am in termination of my previous contract period.

![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif) I admit I am really excited. Hehehehe

Gee, that sounds just great. I wish you the best of luck in your new job! ;-) (And seeing the uni disaster I have been through lately I admit I feel a tad jealous, too.)

Briona87 wrote:

Gee, that sounds just great. I wish you the best of luck in your new job! ;-) (And seeing the uni disaster I have been through lately I admit I feel a tad jealous, too.)

Briona,

I am sorry about the uni, but really, whatever happens and however it goes, do not give up. And I mean it. I lost the chance for degree, yet I did not give up and I worked at work for better chance. I am not saying it was easy, it took me uhm over a year of really collecting experience etc to get to this. And that is after I got the responsibility at my current job position. Originally it took me like 2 years and half to get to the that point.

So even if things go wrong at university, you still may get up. It may be more difficult and may take more time to get things going, but not all is lost. Try to work on experience. I know university means a lot to you, but starting from scratch outside your own discipline may also be a great experiene and may lead to job position, which you may enjoy - my own case. Just it may be slightly more hard to get started. But it is not impossible ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Congratulations Laveila.

Good luck when you get to start your new job xx

Laveila wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

Briona,

I am sorry about the uni, but really, whatever happens and however it goes, do not give up. And I mean it. I lost the chance for degree, yet I did not give up and I worked at work for better chance. I am not saying it was easy, it took me uhm over a year of really collecting experience etc to get to this. And that is after I got the responsibility at my current job position. Originally it took me like 2 years and half to get to the that point.

So even if things go wrong at university, you still may get up. It may be more difficult and may take more time to get things going, but not all is lost. Try to work on experience. I know university means a lot to you, but starting from scratch outside your own discipline may also be a great experiene and may lead to job position, which you may enjoy - my own case. Just it may be slightly more hard to get started. But it is not impossible ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Yeah, I think you are right. The annoying bit is that I have to finish the stuff I have been working on for the department and perhaps even accept another workload over the next few months. To tell you the truth, considering what that philosophy b....d did to me, it just feel kind of... sour and annoying. And it means I cannot really apply for any new full-time job until (perhaps) winter - that doesn't make me overjoyed.

Congratulations!

X