hair removal

At long last my wife has seen the benifits of going hair free to my great delight. And i am looking for advice as to the best way to maintain a hair free pubic area .

We have tried the normal ways to achive hair free and found shaving to be only a short term option as it comes back quite quickly and often ends up with ingrowing hairs and very stubly .next we tried hair removal creams which were longer lasting but messy and can make her very sore and sometimes burn her . next option was to try eppilators which were offering money back if you didnt find them any good which was great as they are expensive things if they dont suit you As soon as i turned it on the noise it made frightened my wife so much she wouldnt ever use it ,but i did try it myself but found it uncomfotable to use but quite effective. we are at the moment trying waxing strips but it seems to take hours to do and is painful and difficult in the very sensitive areas but quite a long lasting solution . iwant to try the warm wax strips next but would appreciate any advice on which brands and types to use or any other alternatives anyone can sugest

I haven't had it because I can't afford the lump sum of money but how about lazer hair removal? drawbacks being the cost (although potentially cheaper in the long run), you can't change your mind in the future and it only works on some skin types.

Creams are messy, you cant use them too close to the genitals and they only do a half job on me.

Shaving manually is effective but like you already said it grows back quick, can cause rashes and in my case semi frequent abcesses. Electric shavers eliminate the rash but it never feels smooth...

Home waxing doesn't work for me, it always seems to do half a job whether I use warm or cold wax and it hurts like hell. Salons are more expensive but they do a proper job and it is over very quickly so much less of the ouch factor but to get everywhere they need to see alot more but you can leave knickers on if you don't want everything off. theres also a risk of infection, irritation and ingrown hairs/abcesses.

Sugaring- never done it, its supposed to be far less painful than waxing but I'm not sure if its suitable for the bikini area. Also no idea on cost or if it needs to be done proffesionally but I'm sure someone else can help.

Epilating- Never again, I tried my legs and there is no way that is going anywhere near my bikini line, the pain is horrendous.

Electrolyisis- supposed to be permanent, again I've never tried it but 've heard it is both expensive and painful.

There is also a device that you can buy (cant remember what the hell its called) that you use after shaving, its pretty expensive and it promises to stop hair growth if you use it every 2 weeks and then you just do top up treatments once or twice a year. I don't know how well it works because I stopped using it after 2 months but it definitely slowed the hair growth down so I only had to shave once a week. By the 8th treatment I was going over 1 week without shaving. I really must find it and try again..... Can anyone remind me what its called? I'm not sure where mine is.

thanks morefun for taking time to reply this is the first time ive used this forum only just managed to pluck up the courage to do it How friendly it seems being able to talk openly. and find someone with similar issues.

Yes I had thought about home lazer machines but cant risk spending so much money on a treatment which may not work we have both spoken about visiting a waxing salon but are not sure my has the self confidence to expose anywhere nearly enough bikini area to strangers to make it worthwhile

may look into sugaring further with a veiw to trying it.

if you or anyone does know more about that device you talk about I would love to Know more

She could start off with waxing by having them take off minimal hair to start with around the bikini line so she can leave her knickers on and then if she feels ok about get a bit more taken off each time? If she doesn't feel ok about it then she can say shes changed her mind.

When i went for my first wax I booked to have my eyebrows and bikini line done. I told her I had changed by mind about the bikini part and she was fine about it. She was so lovely I changed my mind back again, she said it happens all the time with first timers but after that first wax they end up having more and more off each time.

With my ex, I only used to shave as a treat, but with current hubby, I have always shaved as was too much of a wimp to go for a wax thinking it was going to really hurt, however....

I plucked up the courage to have a wax a month or so ago and have been having them ever since.

It's not as painful as I thought it would be - it's not a walk in the park, but certainly nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

My lady said that I could leave my pants on and she would work around them but it would be more difficult and take longer, or I could just whip them off and it would be easier, quicker and better....so I did.

I find a lot depends on the therapist who does the waxing, while I used to go to her salon previously, I moved away when the therapist I used to see moved so I moved with her, but I just wanted someone that I didn't really know to get close to my bits - sounds funny I know, but I felt more at ease with a relative stranger down there than someone who has been giving me eyebrow waxes, tans and who did my wedding make up!

Anyway, as I said a lot depends on the therapist - I find this new girl is better than the original girl as she pulls the skin a lot tighter when about to take the strip off and that was just on the eyebrows. She also gets me involved to pull skin which means that she's not really touching me so that helps with any feelings that I may have about another woman touching me down there (not that I mind but well...lol)

It's quick and it's a lot better as when the hair is growning back it's finer and there's less of it (even though I have only had about 4 waxes I can tell it's thinning out) My hub doesn't really mind when it's growing back as it's not stubbly against his chin, but loves the smoothness of it afterwards.

I didn't want to try creams as I didn't want to make myself sore or have a bad reaction.

The home laser kits - I'd be careful with those and not rush into buying one as it's a lot of money, although I did see some adverts for one a while ago but was put off by the price.

My hub did try and wax me at one point, but I screamed the place down as he just didn't have the knack of pulling the skin and pulling the strip away quickly ha ha

I won't go back to shaving unless it's an emergency

I had laser hair removal done on my chest & stomach earlier this year - three sessions and pretty much all gone with only occasional hairs coming back. I've got another session to zap the rest of them in a few weeks.

I'm also going to get the pubic area done towards the end of this year, although going to have to try somewhere else as current place won't do "that area" on men..

I would strongly recommend it if you can afford it (worked out about £70 per session so far) as the results are long term.

Does anyone know if the laser machines you can buy for home use are as good as visiting a salon if I were to get one both me and my OH could both use it making it more cost effective as they are very expensive

Also if they are that good what would I do with it when we are both hair free apart from maybe the ocational touch up ?

Try a single bladed razor and Palmolive soap. On completion lashings of Hai Karate aftershave all over the freshly shaved scrotum. Let the good times roll.

moose2 wrote:

Does anyone know if the laser machines you can buy for home use are as good as visiting a salon if I were to get one both me and my OH could both use it making it more cost effective as they are very expensive

Also if they are that good what would I do with it when we are both hair free apart from maybe the ocational touch up ?

No not as good but like I said above it was looking promising before I stopped using it (I stopped cuz I had a bit of a family crisis and kinda forgot all about it). It was a philips lumea btw, just remembered :)

Dig it out again girl !!!!!

And get using it .

Think I'll do some homework on that one then and maybe santa might be deliveing for my OH for christmas (if I can wait that long)

i just shave every other day which doesnt cause ingrowing hair or itchiness, after ive shaved i either use baby oil or dove moisturiser, also if you do it regular it doesnt take long at all

We have just reached this stage this weekend when I shaved OH but it was still a bit rough afterwards, shaved her again last night but she has decided waxing is the way (even if we both enjoy the shaving together).

I wonder if she will still thing the same after she has had it done.

Different methods work for different people, you'll probably have to experiment a little before you find something that works for her.

I don't go completely hair free as I like to have a little "landing strip" and find that removing hair from right down the centre is really uncomfortable.

I epilate the bikini line so it's neat, pluck any strays, trim the landing strip and then shave the underneath bit.

I've waxed before and it just didn't work for me. I did a home waxing kit which was rubbish and paid a lot of money to have it done in a salon. It got rid of the hair okay but was really red afterwards. Also, she waxed quite a lot off and then when it grew back it seemed to grow back further out of the bikini line if that makes any sense?!

Epilating works for me because I'm used to plucking and have quite a high pain threshold where that's concerned! I get ingrowing hairs sometimes but used some Nads ingrow solution which you can buy in boots, exfoliate and use savlon which seems to do the trick.

Hope you find something that works for your wife!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003ES5B04/ref=asc_df_B003ES5B049947800?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B003ES5B04

That one isn't tooooo expensive, but I have no idea whats its like or how good it is, etc.

You may be able to find one that someone has bought but never used, perhaps eBay or Gumtree or something :)

We used veet wax strips on my wifes bikini area 6 days ago which took ages to do but turned me on loads . And as of last night when I last had a nibble its still hair free .

We found it easier cut the strips into smaller pieces and do one small area at a time and used a small amount of talc on the skin first

we both go to a salon to get waxed - in fact im having mine done today at 4pm!

it does hurt - no denying it - but the pain goes as quickly as it comes so not much to worry about, and gets more and more bearable each time.

Just make sure whoever does the treatment is well qualified and experienced and uses the right types of wax for the right areas.

thxs for the advice J and T keep me posted !

well had mine done yesterday and yes - gets easier each time!

Cutthroat razor ?