Have you ever had a love honey fairy?

It's not totally random in my opinion. Anytime that I have sent gifts it's been to people who I feel genuinely deserve them for being helpful, being kind and genrally being an all round lovely person as well as someone I would consider a friend.

So I wouldn't say it was random, I tend to think very hard about it first. Sometimes I've been found out and had to confess but I try and stay anonymous so people don't feel obliged to send things to me and so it doesn't upset other people on the forum. Trust me, I wish I could buy everyone on the forums a treat but that's not going to happen, but I wouldn't want it to upset other people.

But with the good comes bad because you do quite often just get people coming to the forums I the hope for a freebie and it's quite saddening to us good natured folk.

Totally agree MrsMcX

That is a good way of going about it. I think I will do the same since I would feel compelled to send something back so I would not want to risk making other people feel uncomfortable or under pressure. :P

agree 100% with MrsMcX.
I'd have to think long and hard about choosing to send a gift, but I see the genuine and helpful people on here and the ones who give exceptional advice to others. These are the best forums I use, I'd just like to get to know people more x

I do agree with you and I only meant random acts of kindness in the sense that it would only happen every now and then to those I felt compelled to buy for. The person I brought for on my list has been there for a very long time and looking at their reviews I knew my gift would bring a smile.

If I brought for someone else I would never reveal myself to that person at all.

I have seen people on here trying to blag freebies quite frequently in their posts and these people I avoid entirely and have no time for xxx

No and i never expect to, if i could afford to i would like to be one sometime though.

I agree with Mrs, it is a lovely thing to do, but it is best to stay anonymous as the receiver would most probably feel obliged to return the favour, and that might make some people feel guilty if they can't afford too. It is a really lovely that Lovehoney give us this option to be able to do this for someone, and make them feel special xx

I have been a fairy *waves magic wand* and have also received gifts from certain lovely members of the forum! I think people send gifts when they feel someone has been particularly helpful or if they need cheering up on a bad day. I think it is nice of LH to give us the option of surprising others with gifts when they deserve it :)

Never received any myself but its a great thing that it does happen, shows how great the forum and its users are

I only use the forums in the hope of being sent a freebie

I am in no way addicted to the forums.

Yes I have received some lovely thoughtful gifts from Lovehoney forum members, I have also sent out gifts also. Like MrsMc I try to keep anon for that exact same reason...I don't want the person feeling obligated to return the favour. Again like MrsMc I have been found out a few times lol.

I also do not send randomly, but to the people who I feel will not be creeped out. (Think about it: You recieve a random sex toy from someone random. You have no idea who and suddely feel a little paranoid! lol) So I tend to send them to the long time forum members who also send gifts to others, as I know these people are happy to be part and parcel of the whole gifting process and likely to think it a nice gesture. Last thing I wanna do is scare someone! lol

Plus the sadist in me really likes watching that person go a little mental in "I got a gift" thread, trying to work out who! (evil grin) lol

@Fluffs - I remember when I got my first gift, my hubby thought it was a bit creepy! haha... He was like "Someone has actually taken the time to think about you... using that" and I was like... "Well... erm.... I guess...."

But once he's used it, he soon changes his tune!

But yeah, when I have sent unprovoked fairy bombs, it's usually been to people who I know wouldn't be offended to receive an item in the post.

I have received the odd gift and actually dissuaded more from sending. If i know they are thinking about it i generally know them so well ill say, Thats too much or you cant afford it!!! The downsides of being a friend lol. I won a fluffbags competition if that counts. Now that was cool!! All my gifts have been fab as the people have known me so well. I have sent gifts but i have to admit the minimum 10 pound free postage does put me off.

Oh my god LMF! I totally forgot you won one of my competitions lol. If I remember right, it was for the Deluxe wand set wasn't it? I hope you liked it and had lots of fun!! :D

I've recived quite a few gifts from some very lovely people on here.

But very sadly haven't been able to send them a thing back yet as I haven't had the money :(

Lol fluffy no it wasn't, it was the vibe not yet tried and the gorgeous jewelled massive stainless steel plug. Tried, inserted swallowed up! Lol. It got so hot who would have thought it.

MrsMcX wrote:

But with the good comes bad because you do quite often just get people coming to the forums I the hope for a freebie and it's quite saddening to us good natured folk.

Completely agree :) xx

I have just last week been given something from a fairy. I am so greatful to who ever sent it they made my day go from crap to amazing! x

LMF: Oh dear! I am clearly useless at tracking my giveaway winners lol. Yes I remember that one, that jewelled plug was gorgeous (and heavy!) That is one thing I love about metal toys, they get really hot! Even after you take them out and hold them in your hand for a few minutes after and it's like "omg that actually feels hot to the touch" lol

It was really hot!!! Nice tip because its so heavy sit up and let it slllllide out sloooooowly under its own weight with no help. Sooooo good. Lol.