Having sex before coming off pill

Just a quick one. I have been planning on coming off the mini pill because the hormones just do not agree with me. My question is how long after having sex (without condoms or any other contraceptives) is it safe to stop taking the pills? Would it be best to wait a few days just in case or can I stop straight away?

Thanks

I don't know exactly, but if I were you I would take them for a week after the last intercourse just to be sure.

I'd probably finish the packet as stopping mid morning the might mess up your hormones further and use condoms for 7 days once you stop xx

Sxleksaker wrote:

I don't know exactly, but if I were you I would take them for a week after the last intercourse just to be swure.

I agree

I've always been advised to finish off a pack before stopping the pill completely.
Hope you feel better when you're off them x

There's usually an information leaflet in the packet of pills that explains most things or to be on the safe side get advice from your doctor .
From what I remember when I was on it years ago the advice was to use condoms for 7 days prior to taking your last pill as you can theoretically become fertile within 24 hrs after taking your final mini pill.

Last time I was on the pill I was advised to finish my cycle pack, and either abstain or use condoms 5 days before the end of the pack. So say the pack ended on a Saturday abstain or use condoms from the Monday before.

The reasons they gave were firstly your hormones return very quickly and sperm can survive several hours after intercourse. Also that if pregnancy did occur it would be noticed quickly by a missed natural period.