Help with writing reviews

Please could someone give me tips on writing product review. I do have deslexia so writing doesn’t come natural and I do struggle with things making sense, spelling and length of reviews. Any tips would help.

There have been a couple of topics about this recently:

There’s some really good advice in both of those. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

I normally just think in my head of the plus points, the very rare bad points, the experience if it’s a toy, the look, quality and fit if it’s an item of clothing etc. Maybe you could jot down your thoughts on a piece of paper and see how it looks before posting? I"m sure being dyslexic won’t be a problem, as long as your review gives a good overview of the product. Go for it, we"re all very supportive and hopefully your first published review will boost your confidence enough to post more! Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Something i would suggest is simply have a read of a few reviews and see what other people put,you could have a look at some of the reviews for products you own and compare to your own thoughts .
Also have a read of this.

1 Like

@Onlyones that’s an old one. The ‘recent’ one (it’s from 2012, but it’s the live link on all the review guidance :slightly_smiling_face::+1:) is here:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2012/05/17/how-to-write-a-great-product-review/

1 Like

@Onlyones this is very helpful info thank you xx

@Ian_Chimp this is also very good so I can get an idea of the structure and info needed in the reviews xx

Well, I can’t argue with that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I went through and read loads of other peoples reviews in hopes to improve my reviews.

as for the spelling, i type all mine up in Microsoft word first and use spell check.

2 Likes

It took me an hour but I wrote and structured a review for a toy I bought recently. What do you think?
Please check my other reviews to compare this review thanks. @Ian_Chimp @esurc @Onlyones @WillC @Blonde_Bunny

Lovehoney Jewelled Metal Medium Butt Plug Clear

LH parcels always arrive on time, are well packaged and most importantly are always in a discreet box. The box comes with instructions along with advice on how to safely use the toy and how to clean it.

The jewelled butt plug toy didn’t come with it own storage bags so a simple small drawstring bag from lovehoney is needed to store the toy in to keep it clean and from getting damaged. The actual toy itself is beautiful with a big elegant crystal looking diamond jewel at the front. It’s a 3 inch long smooth metal butt plug which has a girth of 4.5 inch to deeply be inserted inside you.

Since the butt plug is metal it can be warmed or cooled before play for temperature play. The sparkly jewel adds a glamour to the toy which adds a big bonus point. With some silicone or water based anal lube it easy and comfortable to insertion. I found when using this butt plug the sensation feels rigid, deep, firm and full which I personally don’t think is great for beginners users, however it is very pleasurable for intermediate users.

Even though the toy is smooth it can be uncomfortable for prolonged periods of time during play due to it size and weight. The metal design is skin sensitive friendly so anyone can use it with allergies and it is totally waterproof, so it can be submergible in water. If you’re beginning your anal play journey, or would just like to every now and again indulge in anal play, I would highly recommend the Lovehoney Jewelled Metal Medium Butt Plug.

4 Likes

I can’t fault it to he honest, you seem to have covered all the bases! :clap::clap::clap::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You seem to have covered most things and that’s a brilliant effort, you should be proud :kissing_heart: x

2 Likes

I’ve just seen a spelling error, never mind at least I’ve got better.

1 Like

I wouldn’t stress about these things. :slightly_smiling_face: All the reviews are checked out by the Lovehoney peeps, and they catch a lot of it. But even if they don’t it’s no big deal.

A good way to check if you’re happy with what you’ve written is to put it to one side and come back to it in the morning. That way you can see if you still like what you said, and how you said it, with a fresher pair of eyes. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Just in terms of helping with grammar and spelling if you have software you normally use for writing that has checkers inbuilt (eg. Word or Google docs etc) you might find it helpful to write your review out in that and then paste it across. I often find having more space to see what I’m doing is helpful and makes it easier to move things around and edit too!
ETA: as Ian says though, I wouldn’t worry too much!

I think your review is a great start, though for me I feel there is some info you can leave out and some you can expand on to make it even better. :blush:

click here for my thoughts - Obviously it's only my personal opinion so feel free to ignore!!

Personally I think you can leave this bit out - this info is already on the product page so you’re not giving any new info here that we won’t already know

This would be great to expand on - we already know the plug will be good for temperature play because it’s metal - but what we won’t know is how quickly it heats/cools, how well it holds the temperature, and perhaps whether changing the temperature enhanced the experience of using the plug.

This is really great, it’s all new information we could only find from a review and so helps us learn more about the product and whether or not we want to buy it.

This is great again for the same reasons :+1:

Spot on, love a good summary to end, and this is really clear, perfect!:smiley:

2 Likes

@Cassii

Every opinion counts, it’s helpful if people are honest. What needs leaving out? And what needs expanding on? Thanks x

1 Like

Look good to me the only very small thing i can think (which is most likely just my preference and some would disagree with me) is at the beginning of the second paragraph instead of “The jewelled butt plug toy” id would probably put - The Lovehoney Jewelled Metal Medium Butt Plug. (I tend to use the full name a few times just to help drill it into the readers head lol). But as i say a very minor thing and just my personal taste.

1 Like

If you click on :point_up_2:this bit in my original message I put the details there so it didn’t take up so much space! Ive just edited it to make it clearer it’s a drop-down link :blush:

1 Like

@Cassii thank you so much for that it’s most appreciated. It really helps me learn what people really want to know xx

1 Like

My pleasure, I’m glad it was helpful :kissing_heart:

1 Like