Helpful tips for Lovehoney forum use - 2.0

Profile Tips

Public Profile

It’s tough to tell if your profile is hidden or not, as you can always see your own. :slightly_smiling_face: To check whether yours is visible or not, visit your Preferences/Interface page and see if the box is ticked for Hide my public profile and presence features. Though even if it’s not hidden it’s only visible to other logged in members. :+1:

Adding a flag emoji to your Location

To make it easier for people to suggest items available in your locale, it’s useful to add a flag to the Location field in your Preferences/Profile page. This shows up in your usercard, so people can see at a glance just by clicking on your username. :+1:

Bio Paragrahs

For those with long profile blurbs, you may have noticed that it seems to eat paragraph spacing. :slightly_frowning_face: However, with a bit of fiddling, I found you can use a linebreak <br>at the start of a paragraph to force them back in. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Eg.

Hi everyone. :slightly_smiling_face:

<br> We joined the Lovehoney community a couple of years ago now, and it’s been really fantastic. :slightly_smiling_face: We were one of those couples who had fallen into a bit of a rut after our twins were born…

Extra Tip:

You can also add an extra <br> after the first line so it shows up cleanly in the mini-profile.

Eg.

Hi everyone. :slightly_smiling_face:

<br>
<br> We joined the Lovehoney community a couple of years ago now, and it’s been really fantastic. :slightly_smiling_face: We were one of those couples who had fallen into a bit of a rut after our twins were born…

And that will then only show the top line in the mini-profile pop-out, rather than the top line plus part of the next paragraph. :+1:

Adding Gallery or My Review links

You can add custom links to the top of your About section that will filter only your submissions to a topic (eg Lingerie Photo Uploads or My Reviews). You can find out more on how to do that in Adding Photo Gallery Links (or My Reviews)

8 Likes