Hi, not new but first post!

Right here goes!
So I have been reading these forums for a long time and have loved some of your excellent advice applying it to my own life.
I split up with my wife of 18 years last August I have been through the stages of upset and anger, asking for another chance to make it work and all have been rejected. Now I feel it’s time to ‘get back on the horse’ but, a lot seems to have changed since 2005 including my self confidence.
How do single people meet in the modern era as it would appear meeting people in bars isn’t a thing anymore!?

3 Likes

Hello and welcome.
Sorry to hear your story, good luck with it all

Yep, there’s loads of online dating sites but usually men outnumber the ladies and there are weirdos out there…
Saying that I met my wife on POF and 10 year meetaversary this year, so it can work.
Or you can join clubs what your interested in and try your luck there

It would appear that phone apps are the go to. Bars still work.

Happy first post!
From my experience people chat on apps and then don’t meet or mess you about haha :joy:

1 Like

Hi :wave: @Enyaw
Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @Enyaw welcome to the forum. I am sorry you have been through such a tough time of things. I hope you find what you are looking for

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Sorry for not giving more details I’m 38 and got with my ex when I was 20 with a lot more confidence… and a lot more hair!
If I’m honest I don’t know how I should feel after nearly 8 months. I want to move on but not sure how or even if it’s the right thing to do.
Deep down I’m an adventurous man who has been in a vinalla relationship for years and looking for ways to be more, well, me

1 Like

Welcome!!!

Welcome and I’d like to have better news/advice. Unfortunately today’s dating is not what I’m used to… It’s sad.

@Enyaw Hello and welcome. :wave: Good luck with getting back out there.

Hi and welcome, I am no expert in this but on line dating may work or try a club of some sort hobbies, etc, walking groups, art classes, motor clubs, any social activity really. Just get yourself out there, enjoy yourself and talk with others.

@Enyaw Hello and welcome to the forums . Take what I say with a grain of salt , I am OLD . A whole lot depends on yourself , are you outgoing and confident ? I can chat up anybody anywhere at any time . If I were single again , I would concentrate on looking in my areas of interest . I love travel by motorcycle and motor home . As I am married and do 100% of the grocery shopping , I find the grocery store to be quite promising . From people I know that tried dating apps , people have a tendency to lie like a rug . I am comfortable with face to face meetings . Back when I was divorced from my first wife , I did not feel like I fit with my married or single friends . That took a while to pull my head out of my ass , shake it off and continue living . I did manage to refute all the mercy fucks offered by friends setting me up . If you have any hobbies I would suggest casually looking in people involved in them . If you Hunt too hard , doubtful you will succeed , just let it happen . Good luck young man .

@Oldman Thank you. I used to be really confident and could get along with anyone but over the years I have lost myself. I’m getting back on track a bit more and my confidence is growing again it just seems to be taking a while!
I love kayaking and used to be part of a rowing club so going to look at taking that up again also I have just registered to join my local RNLI lifeboat crew so see where that takes me!
I guess I just have to get back out there and be paitent… Not something I’m known for :rofl:
Been a while since I have been called young man that was nice!

1 Like