Hobbies you couldn't go without?

I have been obsessed with the same hobby since I was about 5 years old. After about 40 years I turned it into my day job and when I finally retire I'm going to keep doing it till I am no longer capable (I'm not going to say what it is because it would identify me to almost anyone into the same hobby). I can pretty much link all the things I have done well back to this one interest. So I reckon that encouraging kids at their hobbies (almost regardless of what it is) is a very good thing.

Reportedly, a teacher once said "It is no use you thinking life revolves around motorcycling. Motorcycles are never going to make you a living." And who did he say it to? - well, it was Barry Sheene. There is a valuable lesson in that.

Mine is deffo SALSA. I feel so unhappy when i havent done it for a while. I miss the social aspect too

KebertXela wrote:

Blood Angels, Guard, Dark Eldar, Necrons, Empire, Lizardmen, Vampire Counts....

....this message lost me....sorry but what are they ?

The first four are WH:40k armies, the last three are WH armies, since there were some other nerds :)

I don't think I've ever had a hobby.

I used to do lots of drugs starting from the late eighties but gave that all up by the late nineties.

I've always been a pub person too. Always meeting in them, either just been in one or about to go to another one. Every Sunday about ten of us meet up for a good few beers, a few bets on the footy and watch the live matches. Afterwards it's a game of killer on the pool table...for money of course......

...wouldn't miss my Sundays for anything....simply love bank holiday Monday's...

....not enough of 'em.....

love to make jewerly and love baking

A rainy Sunday consisded of getting the bears and nibbles in, then building my Black Templar army.

This made me giggle. Sed with a room full of bears while he gives them bags of crisps.

LMAO HT!! That made me giggle, Thank you : xx

Horseracing - on tv or at the track. And yeah, the pub. Or best of all, in the pub at the track

Rock Climbing

...looks more like cock climbing to me....

Photography

Photography, Archery and Snowboarding - I unintentionally pick 3 expensive hobbies

Ahh expensive hobbies! Mine is/was horse riding... Was a hobby for about 6 years before I got a horse of my own and it became a lifestyle!

Other than the horse, I make bracelets and love to bake but I don't have an oven at uni :( Found a recipe for microwave cookies which turned out surprisingly well though!

Gilly! your back :) It's been ages, how are you?

My current hobby, is playing with my raspberyr pi (£25 computer). Right now i'm tryig to set up my own cloud based service.

my hoobbies are b aking and flower aranging

mine at the moment is cars and gardening. shame im skint all the time these days

I have quite a few tbh.

Computer games, I have been playing computer games for many years and they have taken me to many amazing places and through many amazing tales, Some have even made me shed a little tear (Arieis dieing anyone? :-P)

Music, I was very depressed when I was younger and music helped me get through some very difficult times. Now I just love music and will listen to it where I can and as much as I can.

Guitar, Picked it up at uni and havent put it down since. So fun picking up the guitar to nodle or work out a riff in a song or whatever. Proudest moment was working out the FF7 chocobo theme tune!!!...

Can my hobby be sex? Does that count.

I agree - sex is a hobby! Mine too!