How do i get him to...(This will be long, lol)

Hi Lilith,

I've read all the posts in the thread, but wasn't sure if you had actually said to him, "You don't give me enough foreplay, and I want you to give other parts of my body attention, such as shoulders, back, neck, inner thighs etc?"

For men, we're all about having that orgasm. I've often felt, that women can enjoy foreplay and kissing for hours and hours on end, but for guys....all we're concerned about is getting off, and it's somethin we have to take a conscious effort to make sure we are doing what our partner wants too.

Maybe you could try and make it a game, whereby he has access to your clit after X amount of minutes of giving you attention on other areas of your body? I know it seems like an immature way of doing it, but if you can incorporate it into some sort of role play, then it could work?

But as other people have said, it looks like you just have to be explicit. One thing that concerned me though, is that you said he "wont" read the information you give to him about what women want sexually. That to me shows a lack of consideration, but maybe he just doesnt realise how important it is to you.

One more thing, if you do explicitly tell him what you want, be very very tactful, because it might make him feel as though he hasn't been satisfying you...and that is never what a man wants to hear!

Also, the clit is almost a comfort zone for some guys, because it's easier to get a positive reaction from peasuring the clit then it is the neck for example. Men love short term rewards and direct results, and you get that from the clit. You get an immediate reaction from sucking the clit, but you don't get as much of a reaction from gently running your fingers down your partners body for example, so maybe encouragement and guidance as to what you like might help him....and also really let him know you enjoy what he's doing when he engages in foreplay.

You mention your a screamer....i'm guessing that's gna be when ur having ur orgasm...so ur guy might associate screming to pleasure...and your pleasure to your clit? Try and explain how much more pleasure you'll get if the whole experience is prolonged and if your whole body feels it rather than just your clit.

Sorry for the essay and good luck!

P.S. - Sorry to all the blokes for the generalisations! lol

I'm afraid I disagree with strapon, this guy hasn't been doing it for you and it sounds like he doesn't care either. Tact is always a good idea, but you need to plainly and strongly tell him to shape up (or ship out...) I was once with a guy who I thought was just a bit bad in bed and that I could teach. A long while later I realised he just didn't care about me or my pleasure at all. He was simply a selfish lover. I hope that's not the case for you and that whatever you decide it works for you.

Hey Lilith! You mentioned that your man is currently going through therapy and I wondered if he's maybe on anti-depressants or similar as these can drastically affect a persons sex drive. Also, if he's started therapy, maybe the process is dredging up issues that he's stressed about which is compounding problems in the bedroom as he has other things on his mind?

I've found that men (or at least those I've been involved with) are creatures of habit and if he's getting what he wants then, he might assume that nothings wrong even if you tell him otherwise. I would agree with the others that have advised the two of you to sit down and talk. I know it's embarrasing when you're shy but it will help. Be honest, tell him what upsets you and make it clear you want to work on it (the fact you're getting advice shows you want to). It's a shame to hear you sounding so anxious about your sex life. I really hope the two of you can work on it.

RRx