How do i reduce a photo to fit?

Is there a very clever computer type person who could tell me how to reduce my photo to fit on my profile?

If the limit is 500 and my photo is 1.89mb......im so rubbish at this stuff and all my photos seem to be 1.0mb+

Any help gratefully received :)

x

Well, i suppose a simple way to do it would be to either save as a jpeg, that tends to be smaller, or open it in paint and literally reduce its size. Sorry my answer wasnt more technicall :)

x x x

Lol...nope, technical is not that helpful to a computer idiot such as myself so thanks for the suggestions! :) will try but im so going to screw it up! X

Well, i just did the same, and it worked for me, just takes a lil bit of patients to get the ratios right :)

x x x

Morbida is probably coorect, Bitmap files are big as each bit is well, simply mapped! Jpegs are usually alot smaller.

hello

If you open it in microsoft office picture you can select edit picture and then compress or resize which may help

Thanks everyone! ill give it ago :) X

i just shrunk it in paint lol

Just open the image in microsoft paint (free with windows), same as a jpeg and the just use the "image stretch/skew" option to reduce the size....

opps - should have written save as a jpeg not "same as a"

I use it often in Win XP