How to tell others about your kink

Ok strange one, most of you know about my "mommy" my partner twice my age to disciplines and guides me as well as the usual relationship. Thing is her family and friends know about it and are great...... Mine don't and I have no idea how to tell my uni friends about it. A girl at uni noticed me wincing sitting down and I had no idea what to tell her !! Will they think I am strange. I am happy in my relationship but not sure how to share.

Sorebilly you don't have to share anything you're not comfortable sharing. What a couple get up to behind closed doors is their business no-one elses. I personally don't think anything is strange sexually...everyones got different tastes and what one enjoys another won't... If you and your partner are happy together that's all that matters and anyone that doesn't like it or understand it...that's their problem.

First thing is you don't have share anything about your private life with anyone if you're not comfortable in doing so or fear you may be judged in some way. You and your partner are happy with your relationship , that's all that matters really.

But, if for instance with the situation where someone noticed you wincing from sitting down, you could break the ice with a comment such as ' my girlfriend gave me a proper hard spanking last night' and gauge the reaction you get. If it's not a positive reaction then you can always laugh it off as joke and say you've got a sports injury or something. If there's an interested or tell me more reaction then you can divulge a bit more information.

Not everyone is openminded about kinks but a true friend is unlikely to think you're strange. Maybe they'd be a bit surprised that's all.

Only you can decide whether it is appropriate to share personal info like this. If you trust the person, then fine share. Personally if you do share anything about yourself (not related to kink necessarily) and they do not respond as you had hoped, or heaven forbid share it with others or use it against you, this reflects far more unfavourably on their behaviour than it does yours. Personally I don't think of bondage as being so 'out there' anymore.

Thank you, I really appreciate the advice. I think I would just like to be more natural around my friends, the way we can be around her's. For example her daughter who is actually a year older then me, is fine with it, she makes the odd joke with me but it's all in humour, we don't do anything when she is in the room but it's nice knowing if we slipped up and said something there would be no trouble. The age gap already raises a few eyebrows

The only friend who sort of knows is my house mate, so she walked in on me getting changed and saw my bum, when she asked about it I panicked and said "mum spankd me" (meaning other half) she thought I meant my actual mum and said I probably deserved it !! I don't quite know which would be stranger so I havnt corrected her !!

Just feel on edge sometimes about the idea of slipping up and revealing something

You don't have to tell anyone about your kink- it's no one else's business, really. Just share what you feel comfortable with.

I think there's a lot of people who think they have a strange/weird kink, but actually it's more common than they think.