I need too!

I have seen so many profiles on here that I just wanna get naked and go absolutely crazy with but I donโ€™t know how to get in touch with anyone :( ***EDITED BY MOD***

<p> Please remove this, it's breaking rule 2. - The rule exists to keep you safe! <p/>

SlimeCoveredCow wrote:

<p> Please remove this, it's breaking rule 2. - The rule exists to keep you safe! <p/>

How did you get the html code to show? That's interesting.

Maybe it's because the slash is after the p. Let's see if I can replicate it...

(Sorry for playing around, but this is a thread that will probably get scrubbed anyway. PrincessSarahLou, I hope you do read the information and rules that people have helpfully given you links to in your other similar posts).

EDIT: No, it didn't work. It must be the browser or device you're using. Hmm... ๐Ÿค”

Ian Chimp wrote:

Maybe it's because the slash is after the p. Let's see if I can replicate it...

(Sorry for playing around, but this is a thread that will probably get scrubbed anyway. PrincessSarahLou, I hope you do read the information and rules that people have helpfully given you links to in your other similar posts).

EDIT: No, it didn't work. It must be the browser or device you're using. Hmm... ๐Ÿค”

Occasionally it does it and I have to edit it (make no changes) then confirm and it'll magically fix itself.

It happens across two devices so I'm wondering if it's how I spaced it or something is a bit off with my profile.

EDIT: It worked fine this time

I have to manually put my paragraph codes in as the forum is still having some glitches with the formatting from some mobiles. I've been suggesting that other people can do the same, but this is the first time I've seen it show up as text. Hopefully I've not been giving people bad advice. ๐Ÿ˜•

It does say 'Don't type any HTML - you'll simply see the raw code appearing in your message!' in the info box just under where I'm typing, but I've never noticed it actually happening until now.

Oh, I do love a good glitch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ian - how do you format paragraphs from a phone???,

Gran wrote:

I think there are a couple of ways to force them in if the auto-formatting is letting you down. This is one way K&c30's figured out -

K&c30's wrote:

Just found a little work around for the formatting on mobile devices. Step 1- write your post and submit. Step 2- go to page view in your setting and select "request desktop site" Step 3- click update post. And you can add paragraphs.

And I use this way -

Ian Chimp wrote:

You can also add formatting manually by using the <> brackets and adding a 'p' in the middle to start a paragraph, and /p to end one. Another useful one is 'strong' and '/strong' to do bold. Very occasionally it'll still strip them out the first time, but an edit can allow you to put them back in. (if you press 'quote post' you should be able to see the formatting code)

For some people simply going into 'edit post' and pressing 'update' without changing anything seems to fix it. I use the < > brackets method as sometimes the edit function just doesn't work (if you have embedded links for instance, or any special characters like an &).

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

I've just realised I can quote SlimeCoveredCow's code to show you a visible example. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘ Let's see if this works...

<p> Start a new paragraph like this with it bookended with a p and /p in < > brackets </p>