Meeting

Just wondering has anyone on this site ever met up?? Is it against forum rules to attempt to organise such things??

All my fans on here are dying to see me how do you think the 'flashmobbing ' craze began. I stupidly mentioned I was going to be somewhere, fortunately I'd had to cancel but didn't mention on here. So there they were 30 of the OA waiting for me. When they were questioned, they didn't want to feel silly, so they said it was for a laugh. So 'Flash mobbing' was born....

There's a thread on MSN details somewhere... I'd imagine that anyone wanting to meet up would be encouraged to do it that way. This is not a dating site, after all!

I don't think that you are banned from meeting people, just that the forums shouldn't be used as a means to find people for sex just because most topics are generally sex-related.

SmoothOne wrote:

All my fans on here are dying to see me how do you think the 'flashmobbing ' craze began. I stupidly mentioned I was going to be somewhere, fortunately I'd had to cancel but didn't mention on here. So there they were 30 of the OA waiting for me. When they were questioned, they didn't want to feel silly, so they said it was for a laugh. So 'Flash mobbing' was born....

Damn you!!!! I was so looking forward to that External Media

I wanted a pic with SmoothOne, i waited for hours damnit External Media

x x x

theres also a thread on meeting people too, use the search function to find it. plus as had been said this isnt a dating site

I've made one friend in particular from here whom I e-mail and text regularly and while it's not something we are planning, I'm sure at some point we'll get together but that will be more for laughs and cameraderie than anything else. It just happens we have the same sense of humour so we clicked - I don't think either of us was looking for a new pal.

I feel that I have made a few good friends and contacts on here but I'm happy to admit that I prefer to use forums such as this to chat to folks at arm's length, so to speak, and not to find buddies. I hope no-one is offended by that. I like the anonimity of spaces like this and from past experience, I'd prefer not to get into "meet-ups" or gatherings.

JayGee, thats great that you've met a good friend on here :)

And its also very understandable about the arms-length thing, forums such as this do offer anonimity, and thats the beauty of it for alot of people :)

As long as you still loves me, then thats what matters!

x x x

'Course I loves you Morbidia - just don't think "in real life" you'd have any time for me.

In my more hospitable and welcoming days, I've had pagans sleeping on my floor and hippies parked in my driveway. I just find that some people can take a loan of you - not suggesting you or anyone here would - but that has made me cautious. Plus, it's sad to say but I'm one of these people who has their own wee tribe of people and am wary (again from past experience) about letting anyone in. But once they are, they're in for keeps.

Ah yeah, cause im the busiest person EVER lol

And its a real good idea of you to be as cautious as you are hun, can never be too careful, ive been lucky so far, but ive not met anyone off LH before.

And im similar with being generally wary with people, as alot of them seem nice at first then become right buggers xx

LOL, no I mean time for an old bag twice your age cramping your style. Sorry.

One of the reasons I'm glad I'm not working right now is I can't do workplace "friends" - I had one who seemed genuine but then shat all over me to get ahead.

But I'm glad that Morbidia and JayGee can chat.

And dont be silly hun, you're really awesome ^_^

And believe me, i know about work place people, someone i work with, bugs the shite outta me, and outta everyone else really, lol, but she seems to think i like her, odd.

And im pleased we can chat too hun :)

And that you send me random hot pics of hot men ;)

x x x

Can't say i have, being new thou would make it hard, but to be honest forums, are best left as that, an easy way to leave a message or reply to someone on a given topic. I don't think i would want to meet anyone from the site, and not saying it wont happen, just more of i happy with my current way i talk to my friend, or meet new people.

i think it would also be difficult finding people nearby as alot of people dont like to disclose too much including the area they live in. i live near manchester and noone that i have noticed has ever mentioned living nearby and probably dont want to. and lets face it, there isnt alot of point travelling for a maybe friendship!! x

When I'm not at Uni I'm only down the train tracks from Manchester, let's meet up and get engaged Poppy! =D

oooh, a LH marriage, im loving that plan S20

x x x

If I try with everyone it's bound to work eventually. Plus everyone will know what gifts to buy thanks to wishlists.

Student20 wrote:

If I try with everyone it's bound to work eventually. Plus everyone will know what gifts to buy thanks to wishlists.

well. i was looking at a lovely wedding dress the other day.....

ooooh *is getting all excited* Can i come to the wedding? ^_^

x x x

Morbidia wrote:

ooooh *is getting all excited* Can i come to the wedding? ^_^

x x x

yeah. only lovehoney members and their partners invited!!! x