Interview process

Hi guys!!

Recently I have found that interview processes are becoming increasingly hard. Before getting a one-on-one interview, you now may have to go through many of these; online tests,telephone interviews,Skype interviews etc.

I have just been put through this, and I find out whether I get a one-on-one interview tomorrow. However,it sounds extremely difficult ![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif) I will have to complete a practical exam, take calls from customers and then have the real interview. To be put through so many processes makes it harder when you don't receive the job!! Whilst I understand this must rule out a lot of people I also think it's a little cruel.

I would like to find out your most embarrassing stories whilst at an interview.![](upload://aybhjky1mPlgqoACHVsxChgZRPM.gif)

My embarrassing story is: I pulled up to an interview and saw lots of other people going in as well . Which can only mean one thing.... group interview. I sat and thought about turning home but had a word with myself and plucked up the courage to go in. On arriving we obviously had to fill out some forms and then write a name tag as there were 50 of us in the room. I completed my form and then wrote my name tag on a sticker. And I'm still unsure of how I managed to do this but I actually wrote it on the sticky side. There were no more stickers left and as it was permanent marker I couldn't have put it on the right side as it would have just disintegrated. I had to walk around with my name back to front.

Needles to say I didn't get the job. And I still wonder why I didn't just turn around and come home.

Now,over to you !!!!

Bow x![](upload://vsZAqK62RaQWD13ReBk2BlQBseS.gif)

Welcome to employment, in a terrible economy where the jobcentre force candidates on employeers.

Also try catering, wherer your interview is often a quick chat, then a full (unpaid) shift, to see how you deal :')

fairehlights wrote:

Welcome to employment, in a terrible economy where the jobcentre force candidates on employeers.

Also try catering, wherer your interview is often a quick chat, then a full (unpaid) shift, to see how you deal :')

Hey.

I've been fortunate where I have never used the job centre. Although can only imagine what jobs they make people attend.

I got a job the day I turned 16 and have achieved many things in life. I have done catering for weddings and other events, also bar work being a license holder etc etc. I wanted a change from my current job as there unfortunately is no money in the field I'm in and would like to attend a company with a big hierarchy where I can reach the top.

Bow![](upload://vsZAqK62RaQWD13ReBk2BlQBseS.gif)

I turned up a week early for an interview once... the agency guy just said 'next Wednesday'... I didn't appreciate he meant the following week, not. the next day...

And for my first ever job, I essentially told the interviewer that I wasn't that interested in the job..... amazing that I still got it!!

Don't make jokes! Jokes in interviews are bad! :(

frisk69 wrote:

I turned up a week early for an interview once... the agency guy just said 'next Wednesday'... I didn't appreciate he meant the following week, not. the next day...

And for my first ever job, I essentially told the interviewer that I wasn't that interested in the job..... amazing that I still got it!!

Hahaha that gave me a giggle !

Amazing. A week early haha !

He must've thought you were eager !

Bow![](upload://vsZAqK62RaQWD13ReBk2BlQBseS.gif)