Is this normal?

I've broken my foot and it's in plaster til at least the end of this month. Since the cast was put on, my libido has gone down terribly - does anyone else have experience of this sort of thing? It hurts on and off, but sex with a cast on is ..... welll, not my thing.

Is it just me?

I've never had a cast...but I regularly wear supports and bandages and I must say I prefer to take them off for sex but can still get aroused and enjoy sex with them on.

Maybe you feel vulnerable - with it being a limb of high importance for movement and being able to fetch things for yourself? And that's why your libido has dropped?

The way you emphasise the cast leads me to think it's not the pain causing the drop but I'd understand if it was - it's easy to feel inadequate if you can do certain things due to pain (I have a chronic pain condition so a little experience of that type of feeling)

Adx

Sorry I have not been there but I know it would put me off having sex with a cast on my foot. I hope your foot feels better soon xxx

Ive never been in cast myself but like Ad said, maybe its because you cant fetch things for yourself so you feel like you have lost a bit of your independence and your sexiness along with it? And i would also imagine it would be quite difficult to maneuver with a cast on.

Have you tried sensual kissing and things along those lines? Sometimes something like that can lead to your libido increasing and getting your mojo back.

Kooky wrote:

I've broken my foot and it's in plaster til at least the end of this month. Since the cast was put on, my libido has gone down terribly - does anyone else have experience of this sort of thing? It hurts on and off, but sex with a cast on is ..... welll, not my thing.

Is it just me?

Its definitely not you kooky xx I've been in this exact situation a few years ago. I broke my ankle (falling out of the back door/no I wasn't pissed!!) & had to wear a cast for 6 weeks. My sex drive plummeted immediately & I just felt completely unsexy External Media

My OH at the time was very understanding & "occupied" himself while I was out of action!!

Don't despair honey, just do what I did. Find out from the hospital when you're having your cast off & make it a special occasion for you & your OH!! A romantic meal, champagne/roses, a kid free house if you have them & a huge LH order!!

External Media

Of course as has been implied it's probably a mental thing, I don't think I'd feel sexy with a big cast on!

Either that or your chi lives in your legs and a few meridian points are blocked off so your life energy can't reach your genitals... or something...

Anyway, hope you get better soon Kooky!

Well, thank you everyone. My OH isn't at all romantic, so flowers are off the agenda, in fact, I'm thinking of dumping him because he has been so unsupportive and is presently in another country (out of choice) for 5 days.... I can't cook - nothing. And I am so sick and tired of looking at this sofa that I could cry. I can make myself sandwiches so had those for supper - and will probably have the same tomorrow night.

I've been blamed for not initiating sex - but come on, referee - the tables have turned and for once, he could do a bit more....

Hopefully, the cast will come off on 24 January. I'll go stir-crazy if they put another one on

Ohh sweetie - it sounds like it's not the cast that's causing you a problem! More like how the people around you are dealing with it!

Try not to get too down about it, email me if you want a chat and get your bum in front of the SAD lamp! *Big hugs*

Adxx

Awwww I'm sorry hun *big hugs* xx

Kick him to the curbbbbbbbbb

i'm totally with avrielle & littlemiss on this one - broken bone + cast = super amounts of sympathy!!! he should be bringing you tea, coffee, meals, flowers, painting a copy of your favourite piece of art onto that cast for you...!! if i so much as sneeze more than 3 times around the house (they always come in threes.. what's up with that?) there's a cup of tea in front of me in my favourite mug quicker than i can claim that a guy named robert is my mother's brother.

kick him to the curb(bbbbbbbbb!!) ... we'll all be waiting there to help you show him who's boss ;P

also, in response to your actual question... totally normal. i've been in hospital for a couple of minor ops after an accident (my head had an argument with a window... no biggie. ha) and even when the bandages or stitches come off, i just wanna curl up on the sofa with a duvet, drink tea and watch rubbish daytime telly :D

Awwwwww honey! Don't let some guy get you down when you are already suffering an injury! You will find that there is a friendly and supportive bunch of people here. I am a newbie here myself but I have already seen a really nice crowd of people here. So, stick with us and you will soon get your smile back.

Everybody has been so kind. I'm managing on my own, although obviously, I can't cook so am living off sandwiches. A friend has leant me a flask so I can make up a flask of tea and not have to drag myself into the kitchen each time. My hands really hurt from using the crutches and are bruising too now.

I ordered the Seven Speed Wand last night and also 2 more Seasons (Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy in the Amazon sale). I'm fed up, feel down and wish I had friends. Those I have never come out to this neck of the woods. To rub salt into the wound, my Ex wants the house empty for sale by July 1! How on earth am I going to find somewhere to live, get a job and pack up a 4-bedroom house in 5 months?

Nevermind, it could be so much worse, so I'm trying to look on the bright side of things.