Issues with the Lingerie Photo Uploads page

I’m new to this thread particular thread and a little confused, perhaps someone can help me.

I was under the impression the Lingerie Photo Uploads page was designed for members of the forum to upload pictures of them trying out the lingerie they had bought (not necessarily from LH in accordance with the rules). I may be wrong for saying this, however there are some pictures of people in the nude (with nipples covered, in accordance with the rules) with no lingerie on at all. To me I am struggling to see what value that adds. Possibly to boost confidence in that individual, not sure? Maybe having a nice set of lingerie on also may add to this and assist other forum members.

Would it also be possible to suggest that if a member of the forum does post an item from LH that they post a link to that item so other users can find it? I spotted an item a member was wearing and could not find it on the website. Very frustrating as the picture looked great.

Thanks in advance.

8 Likes

All photos posted need to be approved before they are shown so everything meets the forum rules

Thanks for your reply @njp

I completely understand what you are saying. What I think I am trying to say is the moderators of said pictures need to be more mindful of what is being posted and what value it is adding.

I have picked out the following line from The Photo Rules:

“Remember you’re showing off the lingerie, not your home decor!”

To me this statement highlights the fact the page is designed for forum users to post pictures of their lingerie. Anything other than this therefore does not comply with the rules.

1 Like

to be honest I’m struggling to see your point. You need to remember that this is a site for selling sexual items, which includes crotchless, bustless, bottomless underwear. It’s not as if the pictures show people involved in sexual acts or showing off their private parts. It’s a fun section of the forum for people to post pictures and get positive feed back to boost self confidence.

I’m sure if you report anything specific to the moderators you would get a response

@njp please do not insult my intelligence. I have bought a vast amount of products from the site and I therefore understand its purpose. However it is a valid point you make. It is site for selling sex related products. Therefore I would like to see said products being demonstrated in the pictures on the Lingerie thread. I do not wish to see some individual posing in front of the camera with nothing on but a leaf/can covering genitalia. I am strongly in the mindset that such content is not appropriate for a lingerie thread.

As a solution, I would perhaps suggest an additional thread for those that want to post such content that does not include lingerie. For body confidence purposes. As you have rightly pointed out the content does not break the rules however, if you are looking for lingerie specific photos I think the purpose of the thread has been misconstrued by a select group of individuals.

3 Likes

Not trying to insult your intelligence, just trying to answer your query in a reasonable manner. I am not representative of this website or it’s rules so if you have a problem I would suggest you contact the moderators directly rather than post a potentially inflammatory thread. I have reported this thread so that the moderators can review your complaints.

Personally I think it’s a valid point. There’s always room for a new topic, and one focused on Lovehoney lingerie with links to the product pages sounds like a good idea. :+1:

3 Likes

It is a valid point, but surely flagging the post for the moderators is a more sensible option than starting a new thread which could cause arguments

1 Like

I second that links would be helpful, it would benefit a potential buyer and LH themselves. I was just wondering @Dannyh0198 if the item you were looking for had been discontinued.

Re the posting of pics not wearing lingerie, I understand your point, I don’t particular mind what people post but I understand where you are at with it.

2 Likes

I’m not following? All new photo topics have to be approved by the moderator, so we’d have to wait for Brenna. She might not like the idea, but it’s worth asking?

3 Likes

I agree that this is the purpose of the thread. I do have to show some partiality to beautiful photos with great lingerie no matter where they are purchased. The fact that many of you have the “balls” to post yourselves is fantastic and I don’t think it hurts the body image to get compliments regardless of where the lingerie is posted.

I’m in favor of many lingerie threads… as many as possible would be fine with me…lol

1 Like

I’m saying that instead of starting a thread complaining about some posts it would be more sensible and cause less arguments to simply flag any posts for review.

I think that one of the issues @Dannyh0198 is saying is that it’s titled a lingerie photo thread and that the pictures on that thread include some members photos not in lingerie?

3 Likes

Oh, I see. Sorry. I thought you meant us starting a new lingerie topic now. :slightly_smiling_face: I didn’t find the OP that inflammatory to be honest, and the later suggestion to have a dedicated ‘shopping-style’ topic seems like a reasonable one.

I think it’s good to discuss forum stuff on the forum so people get a chance to weigh in, but I appreciate it might not be everyone’s cup of tea.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply @Ian_Chimp. I think the idea of a LH lingerie photo upload page would be great. It just has to be caveated with further rules to ensure the content posted is relevant.

1 Like

Thanks @DanceswithPenguins. I think the issue with this thread is the current rules state that the lingerie products are not exclusive to LH, and therefore the use of branded items from other retailers would be a no go in terms of links.

Thanks for understanding with the pics.

1 Like

@CurvyJilly got it in one! I just think some of the content is not totally appropriate for that thread.

As previously suggested, perhaps make a separate thread for those that are wishing to boost body confidence would be more appropriate. Happy to be corrected.

1 Like

I personally choose to only post LH underwear pics to show how they look on.

I do admit the compliments I have received definitely boosted my own appreciation for my body.

Having said that I have zero problem with any pic posted. Horses for courses and all that.

7 Likes

I agree that maybe nude photos don’t belong in the Lingerie Photo Uploads thread, but I don’t think a new thread for nude photos would be approved (even with nipples and genitals properly covered up) :thinking:

Quite a few people will write out what item they’re wearing along with their photo (not often with a link though), but if they don’t say or you can’t find it, you can ask them (with a mention) in the Members Lingerie Uploads Appreciation thread :+1:

4 Likes

I honestly don’t see a problem with the few nude photos in the Lingerie Uploads. Not something we have ever chosen to do as we use it to show off the lingerie (and for a little confidence boost and because we both have exhibitionist tendencies :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I am a firm believer that if you don’t like what you see, you have the option to scroll past as with everything the internet has to offer. I think the moderators do a fantastic job and if you’ve ever been declined an upload you’d understand :see_no_evil: sorry again Brenna.

As far as linking the items worn I do try to do this but you have to understand it takes time and effort so you can’t expect everyone to do this.

Most of all I think we need to remember this is just a bit of fun.

9 Likes