Ladies a question about men

Last night I was having a good drink with friends, towards the end of the evening a woman started to really come on to me, flirting in a very provocative way. She is a particularly disagreeable person and I feel hates men at all times when she isnt drunk. The barmaid who is a long time friend of myself and has met my wife told her to leave me alone and leave the bar, she could see my confusion and discomfort.

My question is, do women protect men from themselves when a woman is being predatory with them because they like the man or they have sympathy for the wife, and do what a wife would do if she was there.

If I could feel he feels discomfort and bit trapped, I would come to his rescue. If not, I am not sure I would get involved. Even if I knew he has a partner, unless he was showing clear signs of he does not like it I would not get involved in any way. Some people have open relationships, I have 2 friends like that, so apart from their long term partners they take others into their beds, based on their agreements. So you never know what is the agreement between 2 partners.

Plus... If it is not my partner, this is on his consious, so I really think I would protect him if he did not like the advances.

I think it depends on the relationship between the two people (and possibly the partner). whilst i have never been in this situation, i have a close male friend, who will look out for me (and my female friends) when in bars and clubs. he will shoo off any unwanted attention from guys. he does this not because he has feelings for any of us or because he particularly want to protect the other halves of any not so single girls in the group, but because he is a nice guy. (I also once had a random guy rescue a friend and i from another who was driving us nuts, with no expectations, made sure we were ok, and left us to enjoy our night.)

Its nice to know that decent people do exist, and if i saw a friend in clearly uncomfortable company I would also step in. I think that if someone is really your friend they have your back, and your barmaid friend was probably looking out for you as a person.

Laveila wrote:

If I could feel he feels discomfort and bit trapped, I would come to his rescue. If not, I am not sure I would get involved. Even if I knew he has a partner, unless he was showing clear signs of he does not like it I would not get involved in any way. Some people have open relationships, I have 2 friends like that, so apart from their long term partners they take others into their beds, based on their agreements. So you never know what is the agreement between 2 partners.

Plus... If it is not my partner, this is on his consious, so I really think I would protect him if he did not like the advances.

Thanks lavelia

whereas I speak German there are always limits I just couldnt undersatnd what was going on. I always say German women are second mothers, they always seem to look out for me, its a nice comfortable feeling

Hazy wrote:

Its nice to know that decent people do exist, and if i saw a friend in clearly uncomfortable company I would also step in. I think that if someone is really your friend they have your back, and your barmaid friend was probably looking out for you as a person.

That is it in a nutshell Hazy, but it has happened many times in Germany not that I remember in any other country.

gunther wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Thanks lavelia

whereas I speak German there are always limits I just couldnt undersatnd what was going on. I always say German women are second mothers, they always seem to look out for me, its a nice comfortable feeling

I know the feeling about idioms in English, can still get me lost.

I guess. I just respect the privacy. Unless the guy really looked trap and not liking it, I would just let it be.

If it was a friend of mine I would probably do something

An I know if my oh saw a women in a situation she was comfable with he would as also do something as he has done in the past

Perhaps you have made her feel as though you would welcome some fun with her,thats why she targeted you,and if you deserved to be humiliated or embarrased in front of others we do not know ,i would of just walked away from the scene or bar in fact.Are you expecting everybody to say awww poor Gunther or what, i don't really know ,if it were me and i didn't like it i would of let her know ,and failing that walked out of the place no more can be said i think

Perhaps yes the right thing would of been done by protecting you from this woman if your own partner wasn't there if she or he liked you enough ,what more can be said my good man?

it is a village, everyone knows everyone ive just found out she is the sister of a guy i know well, walking away doesnt solve anything coz everyone lives cheek by jowl here she will be there again next weekend.

you only need someone to "protect" you when you can't trust yourself

also why split it down gender lines? any friend would try to help you, if they didn't theyre not good friends.

sweetlove.it isnt just a question of coping off with someone if i upset people here it can cause social and professional problems. The lady concerned is always hot and cold sometimes I cant tell if she is flirting or insultin me....she does my bloody head in but if I was to tell her to boil her head it would cause me no end of probs