Libido - There one minute gone the next...

Before sex and during my libido is up right up there (excuse the pun) and anything goes, it's that strong. However, as soon as I orgasm it totally goes and I lose a bit of self esteem for talking to my wife about what I want sexually.

Does anyone else get this where their libido goes from hero to zero? Just wondered if anyone else's experiences were similar?

You shouldn't lose self-esteem for it. Communication is key in a relationship - and it is even more fundamental for a good sex life. If you're talking to your wife about what you want sexually, has that improved your sex life? If yes, then you have no reason to have a lower self-esteem because of it. Some people are embarrassed to talk about this stuff entirely so have a bit of confidence in the fact that you're able to. It's good to let your wife know what you want and vice-versa.

With libido, I'm a bit the opposite. Once I've gotten started it can take my body hours to relax again, so I'm sorry but I don't have much advice for you on that one. Maybe try something to enhance your libido though, if that's what you're looking for? There's plenty of pills or liquids you can try.

If it affects you that much, maybe talk to your wife? You could ask her how she feels about it, and if she likes it or feels good about the fact that you do it, that could help you feel a little better about it.

Thanks KittenFeatures. The libido is fine until I orgasm, its just afterwards it nose dives so I like to take care of my wife first. Its almost like an alter ego during sex then afterwards I feel a bit embarrassed etc.

You're right though, talking has improved things and getting what I want when my libido is sky high. So it is a positive thing too. I just need to learn to give myself a break. Libido can be one hell of a powerful thing!👍

Just wondering if you are getting over tired from say work .I feel a bit that way ,my minds up for it but but physically I am sometimes too tired. I have just started a course of top quality vitamin tablets to see if these help.