Looking for help

Hi I’m looking of ways to get me and my partners sex life going again. We have been together now for the 8 years And recently had our first child last year and are sex life has die off . Now I’m looking at ways to get it all going again is their anyone who’s been in this sittiouns before ? Thanks

Hell yes, I think it's a very common situation. I took the plunge 15 months ago into the world of sex toys after nearly 8 years together, 3 kids. Things were good but not exactly exciting. It needed a bit of a reboot. Thanks to Lovehoney we are enjoying the best sex of our lives. Now as for how to spice it up... that completely depends on what tickles your pickle when looking around the site. I would certainly look at something for your clit, an insatiable (dildo/vibrator) something you can use and he can also use it on you. The best thing is to look together, have a bit of fun looking and talking about how you would use the item together. The anticipation will make it more spicy. Maybe pick something up for him too, there is a great selection of male toys on offer. If you find a certain type of sex toy you want more advice on... The community is here... just ask. When asking for recommendations type of toy, budget is great to know before hand as the price of toys can go upwards of £150.

We’ve got toys which we do use but every time I try she’s not really interested

Have you spoken to her about why she is now less interested in sex? Is it just the stress of being a new mum who is having to adapt her life around this new human in your lives who is dependant on you both for everything? Is the baby sleeping through the night? Is she getting enough rest? Does she still feel sexy after pregnancy and giving birth have changed her body? Did the pregnancy and giving birth go to plan or was there an issue that might be making her worry about getting pregnant again? How much time do you have for each other right now? Forgetting about sex, are you able to spend any quality time together, even if it is just binge watching a box set on Netflix? When was the last time you had a date? When was the last time she had a chance to pamper herself, like a long soak in the bath or a girls night out? Is it just hormones or is she just at a point in her life when sex matters less to her (most people do have a dip in their sex drive at some point during their life, sometimes more than one dip).

There are loads of ways to try and reignite someone's interest in sex, but you need to know why she isn't as interested as she was before, otherwise you could actually just make it worse.