Looking for some help..

KittyPurry wrote:

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I don't really have anything useful to add to the advice already given but because it bears repeating I'd say trust your partner and lean on him for support. If you find yourself worrying that it will make a difference to your partner, try thinking about it the other way round: if he lost a limb it wouldn't change the way you felt would it? External Media

All the best

xxKPxx

Of course it wouldn't change how I felt about them, so the same should apply the other way around! Also seen on the 'What do you do' thread that you are a cancer researcher KP! Keep up the awesome work. In years gone past the treatment for my condition would have been automatic leg amputation, but through research they now know that replacing the knee and parts of the thigh bone are an option. Which is great! What you are doing is invaluable for so many people, so keep it up! :) x

cindyxhoney wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I don't really have anything useful to add to the advice already given but because it bears repeating I'd say trust your partner and lean on him for support. If you find yourself worrying that it will make a difference to your partner, try thinking about it the other way round: if he lost a limb it wouldn't change the way you felt would it? External Media

All the best

xxKPxx

Of course it wouldn't change how I felt about them, so the same should apply the other way around! Also seen on the 'What do you do' thread that you are a cancer researcher KP! Keep up the awesome work. In years gone past the treatment for my condition would have been automatic leg amputation, but through research they now know that replacing the knee and parts of the thigh bone are an option. Which is great! What you are doing is invaluable for so many people, so keep it up! :) x

Bless you that's really nice of you to say External Media I fully intend to keep it up for many years to come!

I'm glad you see what I mean - it's really easy to be hard on yourself but if you try imagining saying or thinking those things about someone else you realise just how harsh you're being! You'd never think it about your partner...is your partner really so mean that they'd think it about you? This is a trick I play on myself all the time and sometimes it works! I lack confidence in myself but I have absolute faith in the goodness of my partner's heart so if I think I'd never say/feel/do something harsh then I also know he wouldn't External Media

xxKPxx