Long time away

Hi all!
Been a while since I’ve/we’ve posted.
My OH had cancer (he’s only 36) which resulted in the removal of one of his Crown Jewels. He’s coming out of the other side now but is finding it hard to stay stimulated. I’m wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this and how we could remedy it.
We are looking to get back to the way it was before but it’s difficult at the moment.

1 Like

Welcome back, I sure that you will soon get back in to the swing of forum life.

1 Like

Welcome back @villagecpl

With the loss of 1 of his jewels it’s more associated with how it looks and feels - however he should still have the testosterone in his body to be in the mood

Take time and don’t be discouraged if he fails to rise - it’s the same as if you had a boob removed - your still a woman but you may feel lesser of a woman

Take time - give love and affection

Give him all our best and get your A game back :lovehoney_heart:

2 Likes

Oh dear, hope you find the answer

Welcome back :star_struck:, sadly no experience, but hope someone has some experience/advice.

Welcome back, things may take time but hopefully things will get back to normal. Good luck

1 Like

One testicle should produce enough testosterone but it might still be worth having a check at the Doctors.
Low testosterone (due to my age) caused similar symptoms for me.

No direct experience to help you, but I’m sending good vibes your way.

I guess my understanding is that in many cases of male struggle it’s largely psychological. Even when the body is healed and ready, there’s trauma in the head and the heart that needs to be sorted through to rebuild comfort and confidence. I should think that continuing to be supportive and understanding of your OH and focusing on connection and intimacy without pressure or expectation to “perform” would be the right place to start.

1 Like

Welcome back and sorry to hear of your husbands battle but glad he’s gotten through it :hugs:

1 Like

Sorry to hear of your husbands battle.
Glad he’s on the mend.

I guess it’s going to take some time but just keep showing him love and affection, reassuring him, maybe plan some sexual fun where he isn’t pressured to be erect.

How does he feel?
Is he still getting really horny, is there anything he would like from you?
xx

Yes still very horny but it sort of ends there when it doesn’t remain hard.
We were always very open so everything he did want as well as what I wanted, we both done. I’m sure time will help

1 Like

How long has it been since the end of his treatment?

It can take several months, up to a year, in some cases more, to overcome the side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

Certainly, even if the treatment is finished, i would encourage him to discuss this with his oncologist, they are best placed to know if what you describe is normal now or might need some extra help/investigation.

Glad to hear he is getting over it. I went through Testicular cancer and chemotherapy 35 years ago, it was a tough time for us, had just shifted into a new house and first son was born in the middle of my treatment. It took at least 6 months for my energy levels to get back to near normal, seemed like 2 steps forward, one step back to full recovery. Can’t remember having trouble keeping an erection, but sex wasn’t as regular as normal due to other pressures. Chemo strips the body of many of your normal elements, I had both potassium and magnesium deficiencies at stages.

Best would be to talk to his oncologist about it, a quick blood test may identify a deficiency or at least assist in getting it sorted.