masturbation

i'm male, 22 and single.

i masturbate every day, sometimes more, rarely less.

is that too much, should i try and cut down?

Personally I wouldn't say so, no.

I'm a young woman in a relationship, and generally masturbate every day when the OH isn't around to fulfil me! At least every other day, anyway...

You're a young man, and single. Nothing's stopping you, and you have a lot to "get out of your system"! A lot of men masturbate every day upon waking or before bed, and I know a good few who admit to masturbating more than once a day!

At the end of the day, if you're enjoying it and not hurting anyone, why cut down? No, masturbation isn't unhealthy. =P x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/141620-masturbaition-how-often-do-you-do-it/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/27356-masturbation/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/68771-do-you-masturbate-more-since-joining-lh/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/103773-how-long-can-you-go-with-out-sex/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/244797-my-month-of-abstinence/

Seems like it's a popular subject. I'd say it's only too much if it stops you from doing other things that you'd enjoy, or interferes with your ability to form a relationship, should you want to.

I used to do it far more than I do now, but that's as much down to not having the energy as it is not finding the time....

thank you for the replies so far guys.

i definitely enjoy it Booties, it just seems a lot when you think about it.

i've always felt slightly guilty about it, i don't know why.

i just can't help it, my sex drive is so high.

Its no problem, in fact i would consider it healthy. X

i think it's one of those subjects that's not generally talked about openly and as a result, people, including me, are left wondering whether what they do is normal.

mr_man wrote:

i think it's one of those subjects that's not generally talked about openly and as a result, people, including me, are left wondering whether what they do is normal.

Its very normal trust me. X

go for it.. no detriment to health - so enjoy it while you can! lol

It's very normal i am 49 and i masturbate all the time when i am not making love to my sexy wife, and it gets even better when my wife gives me a hand, so yes it's very normal

My partner does it pretty much twice a day, regardless of what else we get upto.. i'm not sure how he manages it!

When I was your age I was definitely every day. Sometimes I had to stop as I was making myself a bit sore. This was before proper internet and so much wanking material so easily accessible too! Never saw it as abnormal at all. It's my body, didn't stop me making relationships or enjoying life.

Screw gilt. Life's too short. Go for broke, I wish I had another 24hrs in each day so I'd have time for it still. I think there's something nice as it's pleasure just for you without having to worry if the other persons enjoying it etc.

Oh and not only is it not bad for you it's actually good. Proper research has shown that men who masturbate frequently have a lower risk of prostate cancer than those who don't.

Has anyone ever come across any concerns concerning the vibration effects of vibrators on the female anatomy?

What got me thinking was I use powertools as part of my job. I have had to attend health n safety courses that include "white finger" damage that can be caused by years of using vibratory equipment. I wasn't allowed to use them whilst pregnant and yet..

Here I am with the bunny ears at full speed pretty much every day - is my clit and all future orgasms in mortal peril?????

Masturbation should be celebrated.

It really helped to get through the final semester at uni.

Enjoy the experience how ever many times you would like to do it.

LadyVelvet wrote:

Has anyone ever come across any concerns concerning the vibration effects of vibrators on the female anatomy?

What got me thinking was I use powertools as part of my job. I have had to attend health n safety courses that include "white finger" damage that can be caused by years of using vibratory equipment. I wasn't allowed to use them whilst pregnant and yet..

Here I am with the bunny ears at full speed pretty much every day - is my clit and all future orgasms in mortal peril?????

this is a very good question indeed. I've often wondered if it would result in reduced sensitivity over time?

life is way too short, you have got that right!

i feel a little less worried about it after reading some of your posts.

i do get immense pleasure out of it, i suppose i should probably just go with the flow and ditch the guilt!

LadyVelvet wrote:

I think there's a difference between surface vibrations and anything you grip tightly, although that might include the rabbit...

I think the vibes from toys are also designed to be "smooth", while some heavy equipment gives off more harsh ones...

Not really sure.

LadyVelvet wrote:

Well. Plus you dont use vibrator for hours? I recently cut it to about 10 min in most cases. And I dont even use it always every day - sometimes even a week passes before I use it. I think that may be a difference.

Plus I had serious problems with orgasm before starting to use vibrator. My fingers extremely rarely work, my partners do, but takes ages to get there.

never ever ignore an erection f you can't put it somewhere have a quick one off the wrist it's the healthy thing to do

Wow, an hour... And I thought I was bad at 30 min occassionally (I found out it depends on the part of month I am in, in the second half of the circle I get to a point when it can be 5minutes apparently Plus I often dont have time/energy to do much when I am really busy, so it can take days till I have a go, especially if I dont feel the need in certain parts of the monthly circle. But then... my problem is that after I actually orgasm my lady parts, especially the most sensitive part, become too sensitive to touch, so I am out of play for some time. So I cannot go on for hours without break and usually when alone I dont feel the need to.

I dont think you have any cause for concern, its perfectly natural. I know plenty of people that do it perhaps at least 3-4 times a day. Sometimes ill only do it a couple times a week and others its a few times of the day, all depends on my mood.