My cat Biscuit

I just wanted to tell everyone about Biscuit.

My husband and I love our cats we have three at the moment. We did have a fourth, Biscuit, but unfortuntly at the end of the last year he had a big falling with the other cats in the house and we had to seperate him, we tried everything to reintroduce them but unfortuntley it just didn't work so after a couple of months of this we made the hard decision to rehome him as our cats where very scared of him and one had started over grooming because of the stress. We put a poster up in our vets one and after a couple of months the vets rung and said someone was intrested in him so we spoke to the lady and decied that she would be perfect for him she even sent photos of the new bed she'd bought him. When she came to collect him I was in floods of tears but I new he was going to a good home they reasured us that they would look after him well. Biscuit had a tendency to scratch and occasionally nip when he got over excited but we had learnt that he would lick you before doing this, they were fine with this. A few weeks after she took him we got a message from her saying it wasn't working out and he would turn and scratch her when she went to move him and she was looking to rehome him, we offered to help in anyway we could. A month later I sent a message to see how she was getting on and she replied things where the same.

Yesterday after asking her again how it was going I reviced a message which simply said unfortuntley he had bit her grandson so she had to have him put to sleep I can't believe she would do this he was such a loving cat and she knew what he was like when he got over excited.

She promised to give him a good life but gave up at the first hurdle, she had him less than two months and threw his life away over nothing. I'm so upset, we would have taken him back in a heartbeat if she'd told us what she was planning.

R.I.P. Biscuit.

Poor Biscuit.

Sorry to hear this fizzy - what a heartless woman, someone who doesn't appreciate that a life is a life

hugs x

what a horrible person most cats bite lightly an dont penetrate the skin jsut to hold you iplace thats all

what a weak excus the cow

Horrible. Utterly disgraceful! I don't think any cat could hurt anyone very badly.

thanx guys ive only cried once today which is an improvement. we are just in the process of finding a new vets as it was our vet s who put him down and they new we rehomed him with thier help.

This is so sad! What a nasty, inconsiderate woman!

*HUGS* x

Read this and then Reread this to my OH, he was so appauled, we lost one of our newborn kittens this morning and it was excruitiating holding her tiny body.
I hope the woman who put him down realises the injustice of what shes done, and more. My OH said things along the lines of bombing her house etc. Hes a huge cat lover.

Im so sorry for your loss :( The vets should be sued putting a healthy cat down is barbaric. And that lady should be banned from having pets.

(This is all alot calmer than what i am thinking, which involves alot of swearwords) xxx

:(

*big hugs*

I'm so sorry to hear that :-(

I have 6 cats. I can't imagine what you're going through. I hope that woman never has any pets again, she doesn't deserve them.

Awww this broke my heart :(

I have a cat who is the biggest softy in the world. I also have 2 young children who adore her and can sometimes get a bit over excited when playing with her.

My cat has only once lashed out at my daughter, and scratched her face as a warning. My DD was in the wrong and she learnt her lesson about not being rough with her, but not once did I think my cat was a danger or should be put down!!

That woman does not deserve the love of a pet if she is so willing to end its life so needlessly.

I understand that kids come first, but to end an animals life when there was someone wo would have taken him back and loved him is jut inexcusable :(

Sending you hugs xxx

One of our cats Kadi nips us when she gets over excited aswell, although it seems shell only do it to me. Our other cat Tammi is very over-friendly. Every day, all day she climbs up onto my shoulders to sleep in my hair, she uses her claws to get on my shoulders but i dont mind and neither does any of the guests we have, we warn everybody just incase they arent keen on cats but nobody has minded.

We keep an eye on both our cats near our 18 month old as he loves them and if they are in the same room, he tends to love them a bit rough. We deffinitely wouldnt put any of them down if they nipped him!!

How could she just do that! xx

I'm so sorry for you loss. We have had over ten cats we call our own and had countless more live with us when we worked for the Cats Protection - many of them the so-called un-homeables which no-one else would have and it is never easy when you lose one. Sometimes the only comfort is that you did your best for them (though one always tortures oneself with the 'if only I had...' thoughts) and with time are able to remember the good times you shared with them rather than the sorrow at their passing.

I despair at the vet concerned. Cats are not aggressive to humans - if you leave them alone they won't attack you so there is no need to put one down because it scratched a child - just tell the child to leave the cat alone and everything will be fine. I'm still good friends with the retired vet we used when with the CP and he would always get us to re-home a healthy cat rather than put it down. However, he is none too happy at the way his profession has gone these days - more of a business and not so much a calling.

I am so sorry for you. Like others have said cats bite and scratch ll the time and a bite never really hurts! What a disgusting excuse to end an innocent life!

I have had many cats over the years and they all get nippy and scratchy when they play, you just have to hold still until they release you. The grandson probably was winding Biscuit up and should have been told not to do it again. When ever we have children around our cats we tell them to be nice or they will scratch - they soon learn after the first time.

I am really sorry again xxx

oh no why!!! :(

I'm with the others, I'm shocked a vet put a cat down for nipping! Cats nip and chew as well as scratch!!!

Agree with Pixie_Muree, the grandson was probably annoying poor kitty.

So sorry that you had to hear of something so insensitive happening!

Evil cow, I hope karma bites her on the arse!

yep it usually does

perhaps someone will put her in a home because she's not their cup of tea

That's absolutely horrendous, Fizzy. I can't believe she did that. We had a cat called Smudge for 15 years - we got her when I was 3. Over that time, I have no idea how many times I got scratched/bitten/had an angry cat attached to my head, just through being overly boisterous with her or getting her overexcited. And there wasn't a single instance where I got sympathy off my mum, instead of a "Well, don't annoy the cat, then".

I'm honestly so angry about this. What a dreadful thing to do. I'm so sorry for your loss.