My Reviews

:lh_heart_purple: by @Ian_Chimp, 14 Jan 2019
Womanizer Premium Smart Silence Clitoral Stimulator Black

Premium versus Classic

There’s already a lot of really fantastic and in-depth reviews on here detailing what’s in the box and what does what so I thought I’d concentrate on some of the special features that make the Premium premium. We’re in the rather special position of having tried both the Premium and the Classic so if you’re mulling over whether or not to spend the extra money on the Premium version let me chuck in my two-pence worth.

Firstly I will say that we loved our Classic so there really isn’t a bad choice. The core functions and feeling are the same and both are ergonomic and comfortable to hold so both will do the job just fine, but we did wonder if we’d missed out by not getting the Premium in the first place. So, let’s see what the extra £50 gets you…

I’d say the top extra is the Smart Silence function. It’s a really clever addition that uses a little sensor under the nozzle to detect whether it’s in contact with skin or not and only starts chugging away if it can tell you’re there. The suction style toys work in a different way than traditional vibrators and so the noise they make is quite different too, and though they’re often touted as being quieter than your average vibe they can still make quite a bit of noise when not in direct contact. When the Classic is properly in place it makes a soft ‘puttering’ sound that gets a bit louder on the higher settings, but when it’s just being held in a hand before/after/between use it can be quite loud and a little disconcerting if you’re trying to be stealth. With the Smart Silence feature of the Premium the unit only springs into life when it’s in place so it cuts out all of that unnecessary loudness and it really makes a difference. It even helps reduce the ‘slurping’ noise that can happen when the nozzle of the other models isn’t quite in the right place. This feature really is as fantastic as it sounds.

The next best extra in our opinion is the Autopilot. Mrs Chimp does not have the willpower to stop herself from turning it up so will often finish a lot sooner than she perhaps intended. With the Autopilot engaged it allows her to start gentle and prolong the fun for a much longer period, which she says gives her a much more satisfying experience. It took a little trial and error to ‘tune’ it to her preferred pattern but once she’d cracked it it opened up the toy for a whole new style of play. There are still times when she wants a quick fix so will use it without, but the option is always there for when she wants a more leisurely play time.

The Premium also has a wider range of intensities than the Classic. The Classic has a decent 8 power settings, but the Premium has 12 - and they’ve not just tagged 4 extra-powerful options on at the top end. The highest setting is more powerful than the Classic’s but the Premium also has a few more gentle ones at the bottom end too, which come in especially handy when using the Autopilot function. As I alluded to earlier, Mrs Chimp can often be finished before she’s even realised she’s started with this type of toy so anything that can extend the fun is a plus for us. And more range at the lower end is perfect as the super high levels can be a little over-powering. In fact even the lower settings can be deceptively strong.

There are also a few smaller additions that are both nice and useful. The Premium is slightly larger than the Classic which we find a bit more comfortable to hold, as well as easier to use ‘hands-free’. And there’s a battery level indicator which I love and wish all toys would include (it’s a simple strip of 3 lights on the handle end which double up as the strength indicators on Autopilot). The Premium is also silicone all over whereas the Classic has a plastic casing, so the Premium does feel a bit more swish and tactile.

The one minor point I would say that works in the Classic’s favour is that the buttons on the black Premium are a little hard to pick out in the dark. It’s only a minor quibble as they’re very well laid out and you’d soon be able to find them solely by touch, so it’s by no means a true flaw.

There’s nothing the Classic has that the Premium doesn’t, so it’s all comes down to the optional extras. Personally, if it is a choice between the Classic or the Premium, I think that the extra features are worth paying that extra bit of money for.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Pros: Smart Silence, Autopilot, extra lower and higher intensities, and the battery indicator.

Cons: Nothing. Love it.

Bottom Line: The extra features make this a really swish, versatile toy.

Linked Review: Womanizer Classic

3 Likes