My Reviews

by @Peitho , 5th November 2021
Lovehoney Fierce Romance Black Wet Look and Lace Open Cup Body

Apparently I’m just not the Right Shape :woman_shrugging:t2:

Overall, I love the Fierce range from Lovehoney. I have a couple of other pieces, the cut-out mini dress and a bra set - both of which I adore. The make quality of all the pieces is excellent and on that front this is no exception. The trouble is the cut is just not right for me. Bits are fabulous, others are not.

Let’s start with the positives, the cups, straps and neck line are brilliant. I absolutely love the top section of this body. I am a 36A and the cups fit me perfectly. Obviously I don’t have boobs that spill voluptuously out of them but they frame and enhance what I do have and flatter beautifully. In addition the choker part of this is the best I have had on a piece of lingerie, for once it’s tight enough, not throttling as it is stretched downwards but it’s snug and restricting which I love and hugely adjustable if you want it tighter or looser. The shoulder straps also have full bra strap adjustability for ease of fit and the frill detailing of the side to choker straps adds detail and sex appeal and looks great.

The bottom section was where I though I might have an issue, I tend to avoid anything frilly around my hips as I’m distinctly pear shaped with 40" hips and favour a high hip cut and smooth lines but to my delight the little bit of lace actually looked really good and I was very happy with where it sat fairly high on my hips.

Now the problem area, I am just short of 5’9’’ and have a slim (in comparison to the rest of me) 28" waist and the section between the cups and my hips looked terrible. I think I sit towards requiring the upper end of the vertical stretch while through my mid section needed no outwards stretch at all so the material ends up in deformed waves being dragged downwards towards my crotch. It is not uncomfortably short in the body, it just looks terrible as the material is being pulled out of shape. There is a little adjustability in the straps on the back but even on the shortest it looked bad.

To add significant insult to injury, my OH tried it on (not his usual style of undergarment I should add) but jumping piminy it looked so much better on him than it did on me! He is a little taller than I am but has a wider, muscled, male torso and accommodating that meant the material sat smoothly and wasn’t unevenly stretched. It is a bit of a blow to the ego when your boyfriend looks better in your lingerie than you do!

Overall I think this will look fabulous on many people, if you are either somewhat shorter that me or the same height but wider through the midsection so the material is pulled evenly in all directions you’ll look great but for me sadly, this did not work at all.

Overall Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Pros: Cups upwards it’s brilliant, great cleavage and neck line with lots of adjustability.

Cons: It is cut too wide and too short through the body for me so the material pulls out of shape.

Bottom Line: A nice piece but not cut right for me.

6 Likes