My Reviews

by @PKH, 16 Feb 2022
Lovehoney Tentacle Textured Sensual Glass Dildo

Very pretty but very pinchy

I really love the way this dildo looks. It’s definitely like a tentacle, but the insertable end really seems more like a hard, veiny tongue. I like looking at it and holding it because of the shape and coloring, but I don’t like using it…

The rows of bumps along each side of the insertable tongue give me a lot of discomfort inside my vagina. It’s not that the bumps are too big, but the spacing between each bump makes them catch on and pinch any soft tissue they rub against. Thrusting is out of the question because it hurts, so slow grinding only. I found that the bumps catch more when they’re facing up (toward my stomach), so I now only use the dildo with the bumps facing down (toward my butt) and pressing up when moving so the bumps won’t catch on the skin around the opening of my vagina. Unfortunately, when it’s inserted in that direction, it’s very difficult for me to hit the good spots on the front of my vaginal wall. It also makes my wrist start hurting mid session from trying to press the veiny side of the dildo upward. One plus is the curled side of the dildo - it’s really easy to hang onto while in use (even when lube is smeared on it or on my hands) and when fully inserted, the tentacle curls up against my clit.

It seems like some reviewers have had the same issues as me, while others love the feel of the bumps, so I guess it’s up to your anatomy. I thought about returning it after I used it MANY times trying to find a way to make it work, but I decided I’d just keep it since I like the look of it. I’ve had it for about half a year now, and I only use it on occasion (when I’m feeling extra kinky), but then I switch to a different toy mid session to finish myself off. If I went back in time, I wouldn’t purchase it again. I wouldn’t recommend this for someone’s first glass dildo. I’d really only recommend it to someone interested in the tentacle/tongue-like aspect of it.

Overall Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

Pros: The tentacle/tongue look lends to a kinky mood. Curly loop fingerhold is great.

Cons: Uncomfortable - the spaced bumps pinch the soft tissue inside my vagina…

Bottom Line: Novelty dildo, not practical for regular use for me.

5 Likes