My Reviews

by @Peitho , 16th October 2022
Doc Johnson Bloom Intimate Body Pump 4 in 1 Interchangeable Set

The Powerful Swiss Army Knife of Pussy Pumps

Thought I’d start with a little brief review of what the appeal is of pussy and clit pumps. They create a vacuum so suction is created. This suction increases blood flow to the desired region increasing sensitivity and making vibes and touch much more intense. The increased blood supply also makes the areas swell, some people really like this and it’s a turn on, for me it’s less appealing and took some getting used to when we first started using a basic manual pump especially as it stays enlarged for a long time but totally worthwhile for the overall sensation and I promise it does go down eventually! Finally, a pump can be a massive addition to a BDSM session, the power play held by the operator is quite intense and it’s a very good initial way to take control if you’re not used to the role.

Onto the Bloom… This really is the deluxe model for female pumping in terms of functionality. The packaging is pretty basic but you also get a nice storage pouch which fits the pump and it’s various heads and charging cable in. I thought it would be too small for everything but it’s actually just right with a bit of space to spare so I’m using this for storage.

Charging is simple, you have a USB cable that plugs into the base. A flashing blue light while charging and constantly lit once fully charged. It charges quickly and so far the batteries have a really good life with no sign of giving up even during longer sessions. It states 120 mins to fully charge for 60 mins play but I think it does rather better than that.

First thing’s first, this comes with two obvious vulva heads in different sizes. Great. It also comes with a nipple and a clit head and I’m still not sure which of these is actually which. For me, no question, it works best using the larger one on my nipples as the small one is not big enough to give me the powerful suction I desire here and this one is perfectly sized but it’s odd that it is shaped like the vulva heads rather than circular. The smaller, circular head is perfect as my clit pump so it works out fine… even if I’m using it wrong! They are easy to attach, line up the arrows push on and pull off but very secure in use.

Next… Power. This pump is very, very powerful! The first time we used it it was just as a pussy pump and I was so, so grateful for that quick air release button! My advice, go slow and start with the smaller of the two cups, work very slowly up to the bigger one. I believe the different suction powers just dictate how quickly the air is pumped out not the final intensity it reaches so even on the lowest setting it is way too much if you let it continue to fully pumped straight away. You can stop the suction and hold it there at any point by holding the pump button down but it is a bit fiddly and has a habit of increasing the suction before shutting it off if you’re not careful but the air release works very well and is your friend in this situation. We had a lot of fun and laughter as well as intense sensation between my squeals and grabs for the air release but did eventually reach fully plumped, maximum blood supplied pre moving onto vibes and sex.

Solo, I am a big fan of the clit pump. For me, the pussy pump is for couple play as I don’t get that much from it solo but the clit pump is wonderful for increasing clitoral sensation. This is the first time I’ve used a proper clit pump and I was very surprised at just how much more sensitive I was afterwards. With a broard vibrator on my clit after pumping I was there in seconds but in a good way not an overly sensitive, too much, ouch, unsatisfied way. The small clit head also means you can use it simultaneously with an internal vibrator and the in built pump’s vibes work well here and the suction certainly doesn’t loose grip like it does with normal suction toys. The feeling is different to them, less intense while in situ but good. If you’ve got going this way though and then switch it out for a wand along side the internal vibe. Wow.

Unlike normal vibes where I’m a constant vibration power girl, here, with the vibrations along side the clit and nipple pumps, I like to have a pattern going as it adds to the stimulation and there’s plenty to choose from. For the pussy pumping the vibes aren’t necessary as it’s a much more intense pump (at least for me).

I am clean shaven and the seal on all the heads is extremely good. Obviously it recommends lube but I didn’t need any to get a perfect seal with any of the heads, they have a silicone rim and work perfectly without. Pusdy pumps do have a drying effect though so for sex or vibes immediately after you might want some water based lube then.

Overall, this is the Swiss Army Knife of Pussy Pumps. It does everything you could possibly want from a vulva owner’s pumping system and the nipple pumps work well for boys nipples too. The price tag is not small but the system is top of the range if you ignore the basic packaging.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Pros: Easy to use, lots of functions and so much power

Cons: A button to stop but not release the air separate to the main suction control one would be helpful

Bottom Line: Powerful pumping with every attachment

ETA - The product dimensions on the side of the box, which I hadn’t spotted :woman_facepalming:t2: do state the nipple head is the larger one so I got that right - yay. No mention of this in the instruction leaflet though which I had looked through :joy:.

9 Likes