My Reviews

by @Peitho , 28th Feb 2021
Lovehoney Mindful Black Seamless Bra Set

Supporting, Comfortable and Good for the Planet!

This is rather different to the sexy lingerie I normally purchase from Lovehoney but sounded good for everyday underwear. Spoiler… It is, in fact, excellent everyday underwear!

The set is from Lovehoney’s new Mindful Collection so I was pretty horrified upon first opening my package to be presented with a plastic bag but worry not, my fears were quickly alleviated upon discovering that this is a compostable 100% biodegradable bag. Nothing for landfill supplied here, all tags and packaging are fully recyclable.

This bra set is 90% recycled nylon, 10% elastine and very importantly for the comfort and health of lady parts a 100% cotton gusset so no irritation which for all day undies is so very important.

In terms of fit and comfort this could not be any better for me. I am a size 12-14, smaller on the top than the lower half. 36A/B bra size, narrow waist and a rotund, generous size 14 bottom. I got this set in a 12-14 and it’s perfect. Although, I don’t have a lot on top to hold up, the wide elastic band supporting your boobs provides plenty of support and given how little material there is in the bra, somewhat surprisingly, it still provides an almost sports bra like structure with good stretch and elasticity throughout. I am not generally a wearer of thongs as everyday underwear, I have never found one before that is comfy for a full day of working on the farm, followed by horse riding. However, this is that elusive thong. Superbly comfy and I honestly forgot within half an hour that I wasn’t wearing my normal pants. Love the thong.

The only non pristinely comfortable part of the set is the lables and even these have been carefully thought about because they are not sown into a seam but are attached with their own little set of stitching which are easily picked to remove them which I have done. This bra set is now the most comfortable set I own. Significantly larger cup sizes will have to await reviews from greater endowed ladies than myself but up to probably a D cup, I believe, will certainly be happy with this purchase.

Finally the labels say to cool hand wash but I am lazy and so into the washing machine on a cool delicates wash the set went and came out just fine so thumbs up there too.

I thoroughly recommend this bra set. Anyone, who’s been on furlough or working from home during the lock downs of Covid and become accustomed to the divine freedom of a lack of underwire through discarding bras this is the set to go for. Support, ultimate comfort and the happy fuzzy feeling of doing good for the planet… I also have the set in mint green!

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Pros: Everything, it’s very comfortable, provides plenty of support and is good for the planet.

Cons: Nothing

Bottom Line: An excellent purchase

Since writing this review I bought um, a total of 8 sets, I have 3 black, 3 leopard print green and 2 leopard print blue. I love these bras for everyday, so comfy, brilliantly sports bra like supportive (for my admittedly small boobs) and the key point I forgot to mention, the thongs come with perfectly placed and secure knicker vibrator pockets.

3 Likes