New partner

Looking for some advice

Recently got with a new partner and wanting to experiment with toys he isn’t Ken do I just go solo?

3 Likes

Hey…assuming you meant he’s not to keen on it?
Try out the toys solo then bring up what you like or don’t like. Another option is set them close then as you and your partner start playing bring them in during play.
What did you get and is it something your partner may find intimidating or too new?

Too new I think he is younger than me x

You could have a chat with him and explore his reluctance a little more. Something may pop up that you can talk through, and come to some agreement on.

If not, then if you want to play with toys you should anyway. :slightly_smiling_face: Obviously if he’s not a fan, then you’ll have to go solo, but you shouldn’t let his concerns override your own desires. :+1:

There’s a Lovehoney guide that might have some tips in:

How to Introduce Sex Toys to your Relationship

1 Like

I might be an idea to try them yourself then, when you’ve worked out what you like or need let him watch or better still let him use them on you.

He may feel a little threatened by the concept but once he sees that he can be involved too and just how much pleasure he can give you he may well change his mind.

1 Like

I hope so :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you :blush: yes I have needs lol :laughing: xx

2 Likes

Both huni :frowning:

Bullet is good idea. Finding out some of his sexual likes/dislikes can also help you decide what toys to propose. If he may be intimidated don’t bring out a huge dong. A wand or the bullet are simple and effective. Seeing you use one and guiding him how to is pretty convincing

1 Like

Unfortunately not everyone is into toys.
My ex partner wasn’t, the most we used was a vibrating cock ring. He had it in his head if we had any toys I would use them without him and they would satisfy me more :joy:

I had a conversation with my now partner before we got serious to see how he felt about it all and the longer we’ve been together the more open he is to trying new things which is great.

Maybe have a conversation with him and explain abit more what you would like to try and why and see if you can come to an agreement. I would advise starting slow so maybe a vibrating cock ring, a bullet, some nice lingerie :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ooo we like lingerie :see_no_evil:

1 Like

How old is he not that matters .can’t believe it he not into them his loss for sure

I have this…some people just aren’t into them and that’s their choice.

Just like some sexual acts…you’re either into them or not.

Use them solo and if the conversation gets round to them again have a chat and see how it goes.

Things might change further down the line. Mine still doesn’t like the idea of them and I’ve accepted this.

6 Likes

Sounds like he was right! :rofl:

1 Like

Like a few people have said, the first step is finding out why he doesn’t want to use them

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2: that is something I panicked/worried about the first time I saw some of my partners toys. If he’s worried about you using them on your own, let him know masturbation is normal and isn’t a reflection of not having enough sex/fulfilling your needs.
If they’re toys for insertion he could be intimidated by the size but he might be worried he’s not satisfying you enough. Might need reassurance that he’s big enough, meeting your desires and that you already are enjoying sex together you’re just excited to explore with him. :heart: That’s where my anxiety filled brain took me in that situation :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

3 Likes

Oh yes he was right :joy:

He was one of them that liked to receive and never give also :roll_eyes:
Didn’t realise what I was missing out on!

First thing I did when we broke up was go straight on love honey for some rabbit ears and a dildo :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you for all the advice :slight_smile:

Any suggestions on some items to use together.

Open to love egg etc let’s make his mind go wild :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sure if he isn’t keen then go solo and show him the fun he’s missing and maybe he might just come round to it

1 Like