New Rabbit

Poppea wrote:

jeffngloria wrote:

Well I do hope it's as good for you guys.thanks for the compliment,a lot of reviewers are bloggers and students, I got a grade C gcse about 20 odd years ago haha!

Not being English I am not sure what this grade means, but my hopes for anything good aren't high as I saw two mistakes at first glance in your review (there might be more when looked at carefully). There is a "T" too much and one "the" is missing.

No offence, but I think that comment may be misconstrued as a little bit rude? I've written a couple of reviews that I have checked and double checked for spelling/grammar, but have gone live on the site with a couple of mistakes. So I don't think it's necessarily jeffngloria's fault, it may have happened during LH's editing process? Maybe LH staff have to retype the original review or something, and I know how easy it is to a) mistype something, and b) become screen blind to any mistakes.

The grade isn't good but it's a pass,:) I'm sure the rogue T was their fault, I do thank the editors though because I haven't a clue when to start a new paragraph x

butterflybee wrote:

Poppea wrote:

jeffngloria wrote:

Well I do hope it's as good for you guys.thanks for the compliment,a lot of reviewers are bloggers and students, I got a grade C gcse about 20 odd years ago haha!

Not being English I am not sure what this grade means, but my hopes for anything good aren't high as I saw two mistakes at first glance in your review (there might be more when looked at carefully). There is a "T" too much and one "the" is missing.

No offence, but I think that comment may be misconstrued as a little bit rude? I've written a couple of reviews that I have checked and double checked for spelling/grammar, but have gone live on the site with a couple of mistakes. So I don't think it's necessarily jeffngloria's fault, it may have happened during LH's editing process? Maybe LH staff have to retype the original review or something, and I know how easy it is to a) mistype something, and b) become screen blind to any mistakes.

Yeah, while I don't know how exactly do the reviews get processed before they can go online, it is quite obvious that either a text editor of some sort (I would guess this option is actually more likely), or a slightly overworked person who reads them (and I wouldn't blame them, seeing they have to go through dozens of reviews each and every day) sometimes add the odd typo here and there. In some of my reviews, there turned up several typos I was quite sure I had not made myself. (And by the way, anyone can make a mistake, and some of them can be pretty elusive, no matter how many times one re-reads the text. I have a part-time job as a proofreader and Ihave noticed that every handbook on proofreading says that noone can spot each and every mistake and typo...)

Poppea wrote:

jeffngloria wrote:

A discussion about vibrators seems an odd place to discuss someone's typing, but you don't have to be English to know there's a difference between 'writing well' and 'typing well'! Or maybe there should be literary prizes for typing!. We like Jeff's reviews because they are informative, knowledgeable, entertaining and fun - and from a woman's point of view my preference is for reviews from a man who sounds like he has better things to do with his fingers than type... Back to the rabbits, when they're in stock again we'll be getting one!

Quick question - just went halves on a Jessica Rabbit Slimline with my girlfriend, which she loves ha ha - I was wondering can she clean it OK with warm soapy water, or is the Lovehoney Sextoy cleaner a must? Also how many here actually do clean the toy before or after each use?

S&A-Forever! wrote:

Quick question - just went halves on a Jessica Rabbit Slimline with my girlfriend, which she loves ha ha - I was wondering can she clean it OK with warm soapy water, or is the Lovehoney Sextoy cleaner a must? Also how many here actually do clean the toy before or after each use?

Personally, I am slightly apprehensive when it comes to "skin safe rubber" as various manufacturers claim various "blends" are "skin safe", yet there is hardly ever any sort of list of used compounds on the package... While warm soapy water might actually do when it comes to premium grade silicone, metal and glass (though I myself always use cleaner, too), I would definitely use the cleaner with so-called skin safe rubber, to make it at least a tad more "safe".

And yes, I certainly do clean my toys before (I spray them a couple of times and run them under the tap) and after (thoroughly!) each use.