New toy fear

Me & my wife bought some pegging toys when a little tipsey.

Looking forward to arrival but also go the fear as well.

Is this normal?

I think that's normal. I have had nerves about using a toy I've already uaed, if the last time was pretty intense much as I enjoyed it next time there is a slight butterfly feeling of "am I ready for that again, can I handle it?'

Also if you haven't tried anal before then it's understandable to be nervous, not knowing what to expect (the opposite of my nerves I guess!) That's why it's often a good idea to have a play and explore on your own first. If you've tried anal before than I'm sure as long as you and your wife communicate well you'll have a great time with new toys.

Thank you. We have tried & both enjoyed but without toys. Pegging is going to be different!
If goes well then great. If not, worried that it upsets a bit

Me and the OH had this same issue. My OH opened up to me that he wanted to try pegging, we ordered some stuff and then he freaked when it arrived and made me send it back! Long story short we started off slow and small and now he enjoys pegging as he has now been ' trained'! Good luck x

Amazing.
Do you both enjoy it though?

The opposite of fear is excitement. Decades ago when hub and I decided to try pegging, we bought a set of anal plugs(3 sizes). The thought of trying the smallest was fearful for him and maybe very painful too.
1st try failed and he never wanted to touch it again. It was like years later till a girl friend shared about her experiences on anal sex with us. Everything became history after that. The thought of a new pegging toy always excite him today. Good luck.

My advice, use lots of lube. Read up other threads on pegging and prostate massage too.

We got into pegging shortly after the famous “Bend over Boyfriend” video came on the scene (late 90s) It took a lot of courage on my part to broach the subject with my wife but it is one of the best things I ever did and in many ways opened us up to the whole idea of sex toys.

Don't expect it to produce mind-blowing orgasms initially - there is quite a learning curve to go up. Simply getting used to being 'filled' and not needing the loo is a mental re-training that is perhaps best done using a graded set of butt plugs worn until you can be comfortable with one in for say an hour. Even then the sensation of being penetrated by a dildo is rather different as, unlike the plugs, it holds you wide open for the duration and you need to be able to relax and accept that. Also, prostate stimulation can make you feel like you are peeing yourself which is a bit disconcerting. - don't worry if you feel this as you most certainly won't be - it is just the pre-cursor to the prostate orgasm which is just unbeatable. Unfortunately, it can be somewhat illusive and sometimes I just don't get there but its worth all the trouble when you do.

As for feeling anxious about it I still do so it's nothing unusual. We have gradually gone for bigger toys and I do remember when the Feeldoe “Stout” arrived wondering what in hell I had let myself in for as it looked huge.

It is definitely something that takes time to perfect. Slow and steady and communication are key really. My husband loved it straight away, but we've found that as time goes on it gets better.
Try not to put pressure on it and just enjoy it, even if it's not 100% mind blowing first time.
It's normal to feel the excited nerves or worry before trying things inside the bedroom or not, but if you take it as it comes, it should be really fun! Good luck :)

Thanks everyone for coming back to this thread.

Had the fear since ordering but...hey arrives shortly.

Glad to hear that its all normal.

A forum for theae things is just a great idea!!!

Is this too much to start with?

Lovehoney Beginner's Unisex Strap-On Harness Kit with 5 Inch Pegging Dildo

No that should be fine, especially if you've had other types of anal play already, (fingers, butt plugs etc) but even if not, take it slow and it will be fine!