New year resolutions, success

There are quite a few older older topics on this subject but with it fast approaching I thought I’d ask, if anyone actually made a resolution and stuck to it.

I did one year, it was to become as fit as I was a year prior. Not sure why I chose the NY resolution to do so I just did and it worked.

Would be interested to read comments from anyone else who chose NY to achieve something and stuck to it. I know that choosing a NY resolution is not the best time to do so, but if you did or will, it will be interesting to read.

1 Like

Never achieved one yet :joy:

However, I’ve today bought an exercise bike…

…and hoping to build up strength to support my knackered knee as it appears I’ll have to do it myself given the pressures on the health service…(no criticism on them as I know they are working hard, just overwhelmed)….

3 Likes

Never really done that either. However, I started today trying to eat better and starting DDP Yoga tomorrow. Going to try and get down in weight about 35 Lbs and get some more flexibility. I started taking vitamins and supplements several months ago and they really helped.

1 Like

I’ve had a couple turn into success. Mostly about fitness and eating healthy. I really want to get back into BJJ and my #1 resolution is to get back into therapy. Mind fitness this year!

1 Like

@forwardghoul52 I wish you success. My father was a heavy smoker from a early age (9). He died a few years ago from a stroke but probably would have been fine if not for the smoking. I really really hope you are able to quit.

1 Like

Never make them, at such a miserable time of the year, why make it worse by denying yourself stuff? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@forwardghoul52 Thanks

Well done! Stopping is the best thing you can do, but with your daughter a resp scientist I am sure you are more than aware of that.

1 Like

I never really did new year resolutions cos I never stuck to them.

But in 2015 I decided to give up smoking, and I’m still smoke free :grin::+1:

Back in 2018 I joined the gym and absolutely loved it, it was something that was just for me, I was doing it for me. Then I fell pregnant with my youngest, so I stopped not long before I had him. So when he’s in nursery. It’s something that I want to start up again.

5 Likes

I did OK with mine New Year Resolutions

But it was a bereavement that changed my mind frame.

I used to think about it, but it never worked.

1 Like

Hey @Nightcrawler70 I’d love to hear more about whether ddp yoga works for you! Maybe you might post about it here from time to time?

Are you making any ,what will it be , do you keep to them or dead in the water by the 6 th jan !!

1 Like

To improve my weight loss journey i gave up alcohol boxing day 2020 and started the gym so far ive lost 2 stone so im really just sticking to last years

9 Likes

@Dannymac , that’s brilliant well done you , I have put a lot of weight on during lockdown , and am very round now - other half says he loves me the way I am , but would like to be thin again and have body confidence to be sexy for him and me :heart:X

I’ve deleted my just eat account already :rofl: No more takeaways or drunken pick n mix ordering.

I can cook to a pretty decent standard so I’ve just got lazy so aiming to be more organised next year.

2 Likes

@Stokielovein I need to lose a lot of weight and cut down on the beer I have some left so when it’s gone I am only having a beer at the weekend drinking way to much

2 Likes

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, sexual exploration, eating healthier, and going back to therapy are my resolutions this year. Maybe even add some writing into that.

2 Likes

Making better use of my free time, this doesn’t necessarily mean being more ‘productive’ but instead of staring zombie like at the TV, not really watching a repeat I’ve seen a hundred times or mindlessly scrolling my phone, I want to read, things like that.

1 Like

@Gazza_64 Well done you , I love my oh cuddly bits , but as we get older I do worry about the weight he carries , good luck with your journey maybe everyone who wants to loose wait could encourage and support on here :star_struck:

2 Likes