New Year Resolutions

I did a search before opening this up - I could only find old threads, or ones relating to sex.
So, has anyone made any New Year Resolutions (above and beyond the sex ones)?

(But I would like to be more relaxed this year to have more sex. Covid 19 does my anxiety levels no good at all, so let’s hope there isn’t any more morphing into Covid 21).

I never make resolutions, so I wont be having a dry January or doing Youtube exercise videos, but I do want to hold my loved ones close. Now more than ever. And to let them know they are great.

Not sure if that counts but please pile it with any profound or profane New Years Resolutions!

6 Likes

I guess after re-evaluating a number of things following the year we have just had. Mine would be not to take everything too seriously, what seems important at the time, usually turns out not to be. It is to be happy with what I have in terms of family and friends and not to become concerned with what I do not have.

7 Likes

Absolutely nothing unless being kinder to myself counts as a resolution! It’s not a good time for me (or many people) to make big changes being cold and dark for the next couple of months. Maybe I’ll set myself a challenge in the summer

6 Likes

I am not one for denying myself simple pleasures during the most depressing month of the year. I just want to be healthy and happy. After such a crappy 2020 my only goal is to be kind to others and hopefully they will pay it forward. Even though i have been a member of this forum for about 10 years, I think that Lockdown has caused me to spend more time here and make some fabulous friends, i hope that continues! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@Kitty-Cat01 being kinder to oneself is always an excellent aim, and easier said than done.

I read your posts about your feelings about your body - I hope you find the confidence to feel great and to enjoy the lingerie you choose.

Bodies can be difficult to navigate - they never do quite what we want, but working with them rather than trying to make big changes too quickly might be the way to go.

I never understand why people want to make changes in the cold and dark of January, either. Mostly I want to hibernate under a duvet - maybe other have that same feeling but it spurs them on to get out and do something.
Each to their own…

4 Likes

I’m planning to pursue a writing job! The one I am interviewing for next week is half the salary I’m on now so it’s a risk (but twice the hours so not too hard in real terms). I just need to retrain my brain to stop thinking job grades are a measure of my success - and happiness is more important.

So basically stop being a perfectionist.

7 Likes

Thanks @MsR

@_nin That sounds exciting! Good luck

1 Like

@WillC I think this forum has become something completely different during Covid, and I think that is a good thing - people need to connect.

I don’t go for denial either (raising you a glass, sir!) and rather than setting goals I tend to think about what matters most.

So, if I have a New Year Resolution it will be to focus on what matters most to me. It is surprising, when I think about it, how often that is all left on the back burner, ticking along…

I’ll second being healthy, happy and kind.

I like your phrase ‘pay it forward’ - I said that to a neighbour when I did a bit of shopping because they were self-isolating. She didn’t know what it meant. Neither did OH when I asked him. They both thought it meant ‘pay me back as soon as you are able to!’ - which she did! I meant for her to just do a good turn for someone else further down the line rather than post £4.20 through the letter box.

3 Likes

Best of luck @_nin. I hope it all works out for you, and good for you for following what is right for you. Ditch materialistic thinking - often if you push at the right door, it opens.

2 Likes

Not exactly a resolution but I’m trying to be a bit more socialable and make some more friends. This forum has actually really helped me to see why doing that can actually help (since I’ve made a few on here). I’m hoping, once i have some more free time, to try some gaming and streaming stuff to try to make more friends and to help my confidence with being around (or even just visible/audible to people)

7 Likes

I do not make resolutions simply because I break them straight away what I would like to say is to , spend more family time with the younger kids 7yrd twins and to try and do my to enjoy time with the time I will have at home due to Covid and I want to grow more veg with the twins be a little more self sufficient if possible .

5 Likes

Inspired by you on this topic i have started a sister thread about the good points of 2020! It is definitely rewarding to do an act of kindness for others expecting nothing in return other than it inspiring them to pay it forward! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You have plenty of friends here! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Ace12345 I’m glad you are finding the forum helpful - you are an influential part of it, imo!

I can see from your posts how much confidence you have gained - good for you.

And thanks for all of the ways your posts have helped me (they really have) and others.

I should have said from the start, that you have many friends here and you are our friend.
@WillC said it all.

3 Likes

I’ll check it out!
2020 was awful in many ways, but better for me than for some. I haven’t lost anyone to Covid and my OH’s income seems secure.
It is easy to think of it as the year from hell, but there have actually been some benefits, so I’ll be along to your thread soon.

3 Likes

@Gazza_64 time spent with kids is always good - are they yours or grand kiddies?
And growing veg is great - if I didn’t have arthritis I’d be out there, planting things and seeing them grow, eating things you have sown. My teenage kids would love that. My Dad is a gardener but lives too far away. Any tips for growing stuff on a kitchen windowsill?
Keep enjoying the company of those twins :+1:

3 Likes

Spot on!
Anyone with a tendency to feeling down or anxious will recognise that ‘what if…’? or, ‘If only…?’ way of thinking, myself included. It isn’t helpful but it is a hard habit to break.
Being happy in the moment is so important.

4 Likes

@MsR they are all ours no Grandkids , me and my OH have parents who are twins so must of been fate and veg of any sort will gratefully eaten lol and enjoyed we did some during this summer but more on the cards

1 Like

We have a fair few twins on my mom’s side of the family!

2 Likes

@Gazza_64 I don’t know the age of most people here!
Having twins must be delightful but busy. My youngest is 11.
I bet they love growing veg with you.
Throw in a few wildflowers for the OH and you’ll be grand all round!

2 Likes