No good deed goes unpunished

Anyone here use the Hotukdeals site?

We're friendly types here at LoveHoney, so when someone there posted about our clearance sale, I logged on and said thank you - just like my mother told me I ought.

Then I made a huge mistake - I offered her a freebie.

And look what happened - firestorm!

We got banned, the member got banned - by faceless admins.

No "Excuse me LoveHoney, but it's against our rules to offer thank-you gifts, don't do it again" - just an instant 3-month ban. Draconian or what?

Yes, they're right to run their forums however they see fit.

Yes, I can see that our "thank you" might be construed as an attempt to influence their members.

But what a jaded, cynical world it is when a genuine thank-you is construed like that.

Oh - and the Code of Conduct doesn't even say it's not allowed...

***Im Gobsmacked*** That someone take such harsh actions without firstly investigating the truth in the matter.

how pathetic

I notice they have also locked the thread so that no one can suggest they might have over-reacted.

I think some people just get a power trip out of administering a site - this lot:-

http://www.womens-health.com/boards/sex/

are totally wacky and jump on people at random for no apparent reason. They also have a set of posting rules (the sticky at the top of the page) that seem incomprehencible.

I can see how the admins of that site wouldn't want people being offered monetary incentives to post, but that obviously wasn't LH's intention as the deal had already been posted.

Still, it would have been nice of them to at least give a warning and explanation rather than just a sudden ban. They're probably pretty busy administering such a large site, but I'm sure it wouldn't that that long...

On the plus side, I never knew LoveHoney was on Quidco! Kerching, LH just gets better and better value!

Its funny to see how different people approach moderation.

I use a number of website forums and it definately alters the feel of the place. One for example edited out half of a rather important debate only leaving the pro arguements leaving a rather one sided story for those not in the know to read about. Tragic and eventually has led to historical errors in the sport in which I am involved.

I used HDUK for the freebies only lol

An incentive has to come before the posting surely? And if they bothered to look ta LH they'd see free stuff given to members all the time. I wonder if they jusmped to a conclusion because of the genre of website?

Actually- bollocks to free stuff as an incentive- they have a whole section DEDICATED to free stuff!

I thought we lived in a free country as well until l tried to sell Leni Riefenstahl video- Triumph of the Will on e.bay sheesh we live and learn eh !!!

TB

OMG! I do 'kinda' get what they mean but agree that the right thing to do was contact you and then you could apologise and explain blah blah blah. Poor other member but that's not your fault.

That's completely put me off that site so their loss. I vote with my feet.

Makes you realise how chilled Ruth, Carly, yourself and all the other LH mods truely are. (Especially with the current arguments in the LH forum!!) I've left so many forums coz of mods in the past, haven't got one complaint about here.

He he I've just been reading through all the posts and the trauma, tis awful when it gets like that if you're involved but great fun to read! I do feel sorry for the member coz some of the responses are pretty pathetic. Ah ain't life complicated?!

Theres arguments in the LH forum? I have been away too long!

Well one person...

yup seems ive missed the arguments too lol,

unles it was me and I didnt realise roflmao

Ha that's very UNLIKELY SC!

Yes, I thought they were heavy-handed - sent me an anonymous e-mail whic I replied to first thing this morning, and as yet haven't had the courtesy of a reply.

I'm sure their volunteer admins are all very busy, but I hoped someone would find the time...

Carly or Ruth.... give him a hug...he's still upset! lol x

people should just smile and be happy lol i only trust the admins on these boards all the others seem a little unfair :( people should be allowed to voice there views in this age of free speech damn it! lol

it was only showing how well you treat your customers gr

xxxxx