Offers - what do you like?!

Hello everyone,

My name is Kim and I am part of the Online Trading Team here at Lovehoney HQ. It is my job to put together offers, sales, and freebies and set up emails to communicate these to our customers. I also manage Deal of the Day..

My reason for posting today was to hopefully get some feedback on our promotional offering to you all:

What do you especially like?

What do you think we could do better on?

What would you like to see more of?

What suggestions do you have for new ideas etc.?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I really liked the offer "Make your own bondage bundle". I think you had selected some great items in that offer and the deal made it very affordable to try some new items. :)

I also like the kind of offer that is going on now, "3 (or 4) Flirty knickers for £10". It'a great value for money and I think a lot of people uses this offer.

I really like the e-mail offers too! One thing I would love is if you would include more one size lingerie items or bondage items in the e-mail offers, I think this would attract even more people to regularly use the offers :)

I'd love to see a make your own massage bundle!! And more ranges of lingerie such as babydolls and teddies put into a two for one sort of deal I'm sure I'm well known for being a lingerie fan on here! 😋 I love the 3 for 10 bundle!

Hello Kim!

What do you especially like?

I especially liked the 3 for £10 offer, particularly when it is full essentials that I would buy anyway, like lubes and massage oils, I have used this offer a few times in the past to get my basket over the threshold for free postage whilst picking up little extra treats or things I need. It's also a great offer for beginnners who don't want to spend much, as they can get a taste of 3 different things :)

I also really like the weekly emailed offers where you can get something free if you spend over X and the 20% codes that get regularly sent around. They really do incentivise me to purchase something I've been lusting over.

What do you think we could do better on?

I would like more sizing options for the weekly offers. One example that happened recently was there was an offer to get a free silicone butt plug (this one I believe: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30703) in either medium or large. I asked if I could possibly have it in small, as I'm an anal beginner, but alas the offer couldn't be changed. More flexibilty would be nice, although usually this isn't a problem :)

What would you like to see more of?

I agree with Sxleksaker in that build your own bundles are always fun!

What suggestions do you have for new ideas etc.?

Mystery knickers bundles could be a fun idea! Speaking of mystery bundles, when they were on sale there was a lot of great ideas floating around. I remember thinking a "luxuary" mystery bundle would be awesome,

Hope this is helpful!

Oh, also, I liked it when there was an offers tab on the site! Much easier to find them! :)

Hi Kim.

The 3 for £10 offer on flirty knickers is a good offer at the moment. Do like the lingerie e-mails offer I receive.

The 25% offer e-mails are very tempting into making a purchase.

Free gifts if worthwhile can be good offers either through an e-mail or when ordering products of the site. If there are a good choice of the free gifts for beginners and also people who are more experienced in there toys.

The deal on LH flavoured lube was superb, I would love to see that come back if possible :)

Id like to see deal of the day for men and women 😉

Not much to add. I definitely agree that I miss having the offers tab available.

Also, I have always been a fan of the bundles as it encourages me to try something new.

I do feel like the deal of the day is great for beginners to toys but rarely offers something completely unusual and/or exciting for someone with a larger toy collection. Of course, this isn't always the case I'm generalising.

My only real suggestion is that with some of the 'buy one get a free ...' options, the free item is there for so long that I end up with either 2 or 3 of the same free item, feeling like I've missed out on the offer, or I just put off a purchase for ages until a new item is included.

I mostly use the discound codes, so they are my favourite. What I'd like to see is even more lingerie on dotd. I kind of feel that at some point I can have too many toys so I recycle them when they get too many, but you can never have enough lingerie imo! :)

I miss deal of the week.

Purring-Pussy wrote:

I miss deal of the week.

That too! :)

I like offers where I know what I am spending upfront, e.g. Offers like the 2 for £25 or spend £30 and get a free gift.

The thing I'm finding at the moment is that it can be hard to find the offers. The special offers tab doesn't seem to have many offers listed and some offers I only see because I have clicked on the product. (I'm using the mobile site if that is relevant)

Hi Kim
Most of the emails we get are promoting a discount or free gift on a spend value, how about either having a tiered system of discount / gift at checkout - e.g. you have items worth xxx in your basket choose from the following: 15% off or one of these gifts. Higher discount / more or higher priced choice of *free* gift for the more one spends.

Or...

The occasional email offer for free delivery regardless of price. Maybe we only want or need some lube at the time.

Hiya Kim!

I like the 3 for £10 offer. I have used it a few times, like others have said, to pass the free postage threshold. However I do feel I have everything from that offer now. A bit of a shake up with a few different bits on it would be super.

Like others, I miss deal of the week sometimes it would really push me to make an order.

I like 'spend £X amount and get £x off', such as the one I've used this morning 😅
I was going to make a purchase yesterday for the freebie of the Tracey Cox glass dildo set, I thought that was a really good deal, the 'minimum spend but get a freebie' deals usually are, but I got distracted and didn't get it in the end so I was glad for the offer this morning!
Multi buys are good but usually after one or two purchases I've got everything I want from the offer and don't get to take advantage again! So greedy, I know 😂 But they are fab for newbies!

I like the offers like the 3 for £10 and the flirty knickers and bra offers. I also like how easy it is to find the sale items.

However, like I have said previously and others have said NEED to show all offers on the special offers page as there are a lot of special offers but can't find them unless I generally look through the products pages and randomly find one and don't want to miss out on any 😩

I also like the 25% off emails or the money off ones. I do like the free items if they aren't basic items. However bit tired of the same deal of the days being on often.

I love the free 'gift' when the spend over a certain about but it would be good to be able to choose from a small selection...i now have 2 of the bondage sets.

I would love to see some more different things in the offers, clamps, ticklers etc. I think it would tempt people to try something new.

Hi Kim, I really like the % off messages. It means you can buy whatever you like and get a discount. It almost always encourages me to buy even when I shouldn't.

Also like the flirty knickers 3 for £10, it means they can be everyday sexy undies.

The 3 for £10 flavoured lube was a good offer too. I do think a 3 for £15 on a range of lubes would be possible while still making your margin in profit.

I would like to see both plus size and regular size items on offer at the same time. So if deal of the day is a babydoll, anyone can take advantage of the offer regardless of their size (plus size or regular).

Personally I would like to see more bondage stuff on deal of the day, and more quality (expensive) stuff on offer.

I hope this helps.

Generally we purchase stuff on impulse, so when we see a freebie on that we want we generally find a way to fill our cart. Haven't seen many lately though