Opinion change at 40

So previously I would never have entertained the idea of wearing shorts, I am plus size and have always been worried what people think.
We are of to Menorca in august and I think I’ve come to the realisation that I don’t care what people think. If I want to wear shorts I will. My husband and children love me and that’s all that matters

17 Likes

Its too warm to be covered up! I’m glad you’ve come to the realisation that no one elses opinion matters. Well done, imagine how free you’re going to feel in Menorca feeling the breeze on your legs :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Good for you! I am an age where i don’t give a shite what people think of my appearance despite a lifetime of shyness and not liking how how skinny i was.

One thing i have realised is that on holiday you don’t know anyone and will likely never see them again, so wear what you like.

Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and what we think of ourselves, is often the opposite of how others see us. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

At the age of 36, I’ve recently begun a new journey into ‘style’ and as someone who is also plus size, I’ve come to say ‘f*** it’ and have been wearing what I want… and loving it! I recently bought a see-through lace top that I’ve paired with a pair of Dungarees and it’s so completely opposite to what my normal wardrobe consisted of; but when I wore my new outfit to work - I felt empowered, I felt confident… I felt SASSY. It’s really helped steer me towards clothes that in the past, I would have shied away from - because I didn’t think I was ‘built’ for it. Where what you want. Live how you want. Everyone else can kiss my butt if they don’t like it!

6 Likes

Good for you :+1:

I too am plus size and wish I had that confidence to do that. I wear 3 quarter length leggings or harem ones, but that’s as far as I go :joy:

My hubby tells me the exact same thing, but I always get that thought come back, so I don’t wear them in the end.
I’ve seen some lovely shorts and dresses I would love to wear, maybe I’ll get there soon :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Wearing (extremely) short shorts to work was a first for me last month. Previously I’d pull a pair of jeans over them just before I got there. I was pleasantly surprised at the response and even had several positive comments.

Sometimes your own mind is the biggest barrier. Give it a go and see how you feel.

2 Likes

@WillC I have been at that stage all my life mate as you could guess it doesn’t matter about age I couldn’t give a shit anyway :crazy_face:

1 Like

Whatever you feel comfortable with hun age is just a number as you said if the kids and hubby love you then that’s all that matters :kissing_heart: @BL140505

Yeah, it took me a while to get to that headspace! Better late than never! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@WillC it’s not about the destination mate it’s about the journey :+1:

1 Like

So true! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Go and have a wonderful time and wear exactly what you like. @opinion change at 40

1 Like

Exactly! Well said

1 Like

This is a beautiful realisation and so good to hear you’ve found a boost in your self confidence :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like