what age _ Ladies

do you stop wearing short skirts!!! i'm mid 40's with legs i love, but feel that am too old for mid thigh skirts/dresses (worn with tights/stockings)

what do you think, as you aged did your hems get lower

Hi Fizz & Sparkle - I am 41 and I still wear short skirts - lol - I don't think there is an age limit to these things really - it's more about how you feel in yourself and if you still have the confidence to carry it off. If you want to feel less conspicuous but still sexy - just wear a short skirt with a pair of leggings underneath – that way you still get to show of your sexy pins. Just wear what feels right and comfortable for you :) xxx

Scorpius12 wrote:

Hi Fizz & Sparkle - I am 41 and I still wear short skirts - lol - I don't think there is an age limit to these things really - it's more about how you feel in yourself and if you still have the confidence to carry it off. If you want to feel less conspicuous but still sexy - just wear a short skirt with a pair of leggings underneath – that way you still get to show of your sexy pins. Just wear what feels right and comfortable for you :) xxx

Have to agree with scorpius its all a matter of what you feel comfortable wearing,

ah thankyou, i do wear them but my friend (lot younger than me) muttered that i didnt want to look like the hateful mutton dressed as lamb!!!

Yep got to agree with Scorpius here, if you feel good and carry it off then do it...

My wife is only 31 and she actually said to me recently that she tought a skirt she tried on was too short/young for her... I was disgusted, brought her to the shop, got her to try it on and it looked amazing on her.. she was so chuffed that I made her do it, she wore it out that night and got compliment after compliment....

Ignore your friend... if you look good and feel good then that's all you need.

Totally agree with everyone else. My mum is 58 and wears short dresses that are pretty much bodycon (in a nice way haha). all my friends (I'm 21) comment on how good she looks, her amazing dresses and style! Dressed better than me half the time haha! X

I am 47 and have worn short skirts with leggings for years in the summer, I have silver and neon pink, also multi coloured and love them, if you feel good in them do so, I never go bare legged or show cleaverage as I feel uncomfortable with that, enjoy your skirts and yes I dye my hair pink too sometimes

Fizz and Sparkle wrote:

ah thankyou, i do wear them but my friend (lot younger than me) muttered that i didnt want to look like the hateful mutton dressed as lamb!!!

She should be more tactful and give encouragementl, and perhaps look at her self, I know what she means, in your case not true you are talking about skirts and not showing everything, plastered in make up showing everything and a micro skirt suited for the bedroom now that is mutton dressesd as lamb.

I stopped wearing short skirts when I turned 40 then everyone asked why saying I had lovely legs. I still wear short but on a night out its high heels and sheer stockings. During the day its opaques, boots or flats.

Ultimately its what YOU are comfortable with NOT what your friend is comfortable with.

My wife has recently turned 40, and she has fabulous legs. In fact, she's gotter better legs now than she had when she was 30. She rarely wears short skirts though as she feels she's too old for them, despite my encouragement. She still wears knee length skirts, sometimes a little shorter but only with black tights or boots.

Shame, cos she has got fabulous legs!

You can still wear short dresses or skirts without looking tartish! So tell you made to be quiet.
Just remember not to show too much cleavage if your hem line is short, and if your feeling a little self conscious put on a pair if tights.
As long as you feel comfortable , that's all that matters x

thanks ladies, have just bought a fab mid thigh jumper dress to wear with opaques, i feel fab!!! he he!

If your sexy and you can rock it age has nothing to do with it, if you can rock it wear it x

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

Have to agree with scorpius its all a matter of what you feel comfortable wearing,

Also agree with scorpius, I am 40 and my legs have always been one of my best assets, so still wear short skirts, if legs are nice & brown or with shinny leggins or hold ups etc, if you feel your legs still look good you go for it!!!! 40 is the new 30 remember, I have lots of friends my age & slightly older and we feel more confident & sexy now than we ever did!!

i don't think there's any age you should stop wearing short skirts as long as you have the figure and confidence to do so wear them if Cher whose close to 70 can get away with out looking tarty, in a mini skirt no reason why someone much younger can't look good in one