Optional Badges for Forum Members

Hi Brenna @Lovehoney_Brenna

I thought I’d canvass views on what folks think about the idea of having badges that forum members can select for themselves?

I’m thinking about having badges that are related to our interests such as likes, kinks, toy types, toy tester etc. and having the ability to search for members of similar self appointed badges?

So for myself (a male) I’ve just entered the wonderful world of wearing lingerie designed for females, so a badge for “lingerie lover” or something similar which could be used by any gender.

We already have system allocated badges but thought this might be a nice extension to this feature.

4 Likes

Have a read through Custom Forum Badges. “Lingerie Lover” was even mentioned specifically in this post. We got a couple of extras but pros and cons were put forward for extras at the time. It was not long after the new forum launched though so maybe worth a revisit now? I think a few extra optional title badges would be good.

I am particularly fond of “Ducking Amazing!” though :rofl:

4 Likes

I think a good fit for this could be Groups rather than Badges. This way you could join or leave them at your leisure, and you could use a title associated with them as well. You’d also be able to see other people who were also in the group (and maybe even @mention them if you wanted some advice from @LingerieLovers or @TeamBumFun).

5 Likes

I loved the ducking amazing badge haha :joy:

3 Likes

Hi @Ian_Chimp - Yes groups is a good idea and would be a nice extension for forum participants to consider and get involved in.

Thanks for you feedback

Thanks for your feedback @Peitho I wasn’t aware of this discussion back in 2020-21 regarding optional/additional system generated badges, it certainly makes for an interesting read. I wonder if any of these suggestions resulted in anything new happening?

I guess my idea is around optional badges or groups (@Ian_Chimp suggestion) that we as forum participants can elect to allocate to ourselves as & when we felt like it as opposed to any system awarded badge. @Calie made a very good point in their post (Custom Forum Badges - #34 by Calie) agaisnt system generated badges etc.

Thanks Again for you input
:sunglasses:

1 Like