Pasting links using a laptop

Can anyone please tell me how I can copy and paste a link into a forum post while on my laptop? Using my phone I can do it easily just click copy and paste but for some reason when I do it on my laptop it doesnt work and comes up saying something about a clipboard and even then it wont work. I have tried by clicking alt + L like it suggests but still wont work, help??

Highlight Web address in address bar. Press ctrl+c
Then switch to forum, place cursor where you wanna paste and press ctrl+v

And if you are using a mac it's cmd+c and cmd+v

Thanks guys, so basically it will let me paste a link into the search bar at the top of the LH forum by clicking ctrl+v but not in the reply box lol, probably just my laptop but its really annoying me.

honeybun91 I have never been able to cut and paste links from my PC either. I literally have hand keyed a few.

Vanessa8 wrote:

honeybun91 I have never been able to cut and paste links from my PC either. I literally have hand keyed a few.

+1

Never seems to work for me either on my laptop ![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

I highlight text while holding left mouse button, then right click mouse button and copy, then right click mouse button and paste.

A security box may come up so just paste in there then hit ENTER key

Heya , 

After you have ctl&c /  cmd& c  / right clicked the mouse and hit copy,on the text highlighted you want to link......

You can use the icon that looks like a world with chains in the type text box in the forum , this appears when you are posting.

Then pop the link in the box named URL , this also makes the link clickable ![smiley|20x20](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif "smiley")

Throbinhood wrote:

I highlight text while holding left mouse button, then right click mouse button and copy, then right click mouse button and paste.

A security box may come up so just paste in there then hit ENTER key

I do it this way too

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Heya ,

After you have ctl&c / cmd& c / right clicked the mouse and hit copy,on the text highlighted you want to link......

You can use the icon that looks like a world with chains in the type text box in the forum , this appears when you are posting.

Then pop the link in the box named URL , this also makes the link clickable ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I am trying to learn this as it would save me a ton of time... but what is cmd& c?