Period

So I've seen a few threads about SEX whilst on your period but none for masturbation whilst your on your period?

I've never done it and I don't know how it would affect the toy I'm using. Do you ladies carry on even when the world turns red? xxxxx

I've done it, but for me, it hurts because my muscles are too strong (but I'm weird and often find coming painful anyway so discount what I say :P) it's supposed to decrease the pain though!

Axx

If I had a period a quick wank wouldn't be the first think on my mind...

Did I read right? You find orgasming painful? That's no good! Have you ever asked a doctor about it? Yes I heard it's meant to HELP headaches where I end up with a bigger one straight afterwards >.< Once it came on just as I was about to cum and I had to stop it was so bad.

I'm just scared I'll wreck my toys if I do it whilst being on. I'm not sure if it would really appeal to me much but possibly when its really light, beginning and end.

bohohippy wrote:

Did I read right? You find orgasming painful? External Media That's no good! Have you ever asked a doctor about it? Yes I heard it's meant to HELP headaches where I end up with a bigger one straight afterwards >.< Once it came on just as I was about to cum and I had to stop it was so bad.

I'm just scared I'll wreck my toys if I do it whilst being on. I'm not sure if it would really appeal to me much but possibly when its really light, beginning and end.

Yup you read right - it's ok, I'm used to it...I have amazingly satisfying (why can't I spell that?) sex without the orgasm, it's not the be all and end all afterall. I have pain during sex too. It's all down to a mixture between - 1) a connective tissue disorder making my skin sensitive amongst other things and making my muscles strong (meaning my sensitive skin feels pain so my muscles clamp down to prevent it and actually make it worse) and 2) mild endometriosis. But don't worry about me :D I still have a lot of fun :D

Headaches may be due to dehydration? *disclaimer - if new, worsening or variable see a doctor*

Shouldn't wreck toys, it's all harmless, natural fluid.

If you're still worried, use your vibes over your knickers? Or just use them clitorally?

Axx

It might have been a mixture of tiredness and the heat, plus I'm not a big drinker lol. Bad me! I'm off to the doctors at 8am actually, bedtime me thinks! =] Glad you at least get something good, I'm the other way around, altho i enjoy sex I only get the sensation of him, as in I get no other tingling or feelings that can lead me anywhere near orgasm or well i suppose satisfaction. In the end if I am satisfired it's usually because it lasted a while and he really enjoyed it :) lol

bohohippy wrote:

It might have been a mixture of tiredness and the heat, plus I'm not a big drinker lol. Bad me! I'm off to the doctors at 8am actually, bedtime me thinks! =] Glad you at least get something good, I'm the other way around, altho i enjoy sex I only get the sensation of him, as in I get no other tingling or feelings that can lead me anywhere near orgasm or well i suppose satisfaction. In the end if I am satisfired it's usually because it lasted a while and he really enjoyed it :) lol

Good on seeing the doctor!

Oh you should grab the bull by the horns (so to speak) and make sure you get good sex! Sex is a two way thing afterall!

Axx

This is where I feel like a total perve; yes. I masturbate while still menstruating, it hasn't damaged any of my toys yet but I feel safer using waterproof ones then, which also mean you can take them into the bath or shower and be a little bit cleaner. Are you thinking of clitoral, internal or rabbit type toys in particular?

I don't think your a perve Rowan x

Besides, as you say, using a couple of waterproof toys in the shower is a great way to get freshened up.

As above we use toys all month round with no problems.

I don't see why it would cause any sort of damage to your toys as blood is hardly a corrosive agent as is pretty close to a neutral ph if a little on the alkali side. If your still worried then why not place a condom over the toy to protect it? We tend to do this if we're using an anal toy to keep things cleaner and as a wayof using up some of my condoms that don't fit me.

I do i just use waterproof vibes so they can be washed well, orgasms during your preiod are supposed to speed up the flow so that you have a shorter period well that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it x

Muz333 wrote:

I don't see why it would cause any sort of damage to your toys as blood is hardly a corrosive agent as is pretty close to a neutral ph if a little on the alkali side. If your still worried then why not place a condom over the toy to protect it? We tend to do this if we're using an anal toy to keep things cleaner and as a wayof using up some of my condoms that don't fit me.

Yes - not sure how it could damage a toy - it's just blood after all.

It all comes down to whether you fancy it I suppose.

Rowan wrote:

This is where I feel like a total perve; yes. I masturbate while still menstruating, it hasn't damaged any of my toys yet but I feel safer using waterproof ones then, which also mean you can take them into the bath or shower and be a little bit cleaner. Are you thinking of clitoral, internal or rabbit type toys in particular?

I can only orgasm from rabbits these days so yet Rabbit toys.

AdnaW wrote:

bohohippy wrote:

Good on seeing the doctor!

Oh you should grab the bull by the horns (so to speak) and make sure you get good sex! Sex is a two way thing afterall!

Axx

Oh, I'm very happy with my sex life, I just need a lot of different play and it's not possible to do it every time, sometimes I just want to feel him during sex and i dont get anything from that physically other than turned on. Altho I've introduced an egg vibrator on my clit whilst he does and that makes everything feel so much better =] I thought it was the norm not to feel much during sex other then the pressure of him inside/on top? What other feelings are there apart from say ifhe's licking/kissing your neck, boobs and sometimes clit (but thats oral and not sex sex lol)

Ah interesting... I don't masturbate with toys generally anyway (yes, I know this is a sex toy site...!) and use my finger on my clit. So I an still do that while I'm menstruating and have a tampon in. Although I find when I orgasm I get bad cramps immediately afterwards.

bohohippy wrote:

Oh, I'm very happy with my sex life, I just need a lot of different play and it's not possible to do it every time, sometimes I just want to feel him during sex and i dont get anything from that physically other than turned on. Altho I've introduced an egg vibrator on my clit whilst he does and that makes everything feel so much better =] I thought it was the norm not to feel much during sex other then the pressure of him inside/on top? What other feelings are there apart from say ifhe's licking/kissing your neck, boobs and sometimes clit (but thats oral and not sex sex lol)

Nope not the norm as far as I'm aware although varying degrees of sensitivity are normal (not that there's anything wrong with being "not the norm" we're all different [I have pain every time I have sex and I'm having fun!] of course) and you probably should get checked out just to be sure it's not something lurking (could be nerve issues?) but if it's a consistant thing and you know you're healthy I'm sure there will be loads of tips on how to maximise the sensitivity!

Axx

Oh my god, i couldn't imagine going without an oragsm during my period- It's when I'm at my most horniest! And it great for soothing my cramps too. x x

The pill I'm on means I dont get periods, but back when I used to have them I continued to use my toys as normal and nothing untoward happened to them. They just need an extra good clean afterwards in all the nooks are crannies (ahem)

ronnie-baby wrote:

Oh my god, i couldn't imagine going without an oragsm during my period- It's when I'm at my most horniest! And it great for soothing my cramps too. x x

God im the same....soooooo horny on my period..always nagging my oh to play with me.....lol........

But then again i do get days when im feeling super sensative and just dont want anyone to touch me.....periods suck!!!!!

i dont have a period since i had my implant put in thank god cos i get soooo soooo horny while im on it but i still get the 6 days of hornyness just with out the red . xxx