Please advise! Has anyone used silicone attachments on silicone wands?

Hello everyone,

I’ve got a bit of a dilemma I hope you can help with.

I own the Lelo Smart Wand Large (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25284), which is of course covered with silicone.

I would like to add some variety to it, and was thinking to purchase the Bodywand Rabbit Attachment (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25898) which is also made of silicone. And maybe some other ones too later on.

On each of the silicone wand attachments’ pages on LH (except for this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32505) there’s the warning on how it’s “Not suitable for wands made from silicone.”. However, I tried to look for more information about this issue online, but couldn’t find anything, not even on Bodywand’s own brand webpage (they do sell their own silicone attachments saying they suite all their wands – some of which are also made from silicone).

I get that you shouldn’t use a silicone based lube with silicone toys, and this makes more sense to me, as the lube is liquid and has also other chemical components so a possible reaction is more comprehensible to me.

However, putting a silicone attachment to a silicone toy (with maybe using water based lube) to me seems perfectly normal as they are both dried and solid, non porous materials, so no interaction should occur between them just by touching. I compare this situation to keeping two silicone toys in the same storage bag: they touch each other, so should I be worried that next time I reach for them, I will have one merged strange looking sex toy instead of the stored two ones? Another situation would be my husband using let’s say the silicone wand AND a silicone dildo on me and the two toys touch during such slippery fun: should I worry they will explode around my vagina?

I know there are some pretty experienced members over here, so I am hoping to get your real life and/or professional opinions on this issue. Has anyone tried using a silicone attachment on a silicone wand? I would very much like to be able to diversify my wand’s use, however I tend not to buy other-than-silicone toys (like rubber attachments – by the way: would rubber attachments be ok to use on silicone wands?), and I also didn’t invest in a higher end silicone wand just to risk ruining it with some strange chemical reaction…

Thank you all for your input, whatever that may be!

Presumably you could use a condom as a layer between the two silicones?

Lovehoney's reasoning for not using silicone attachments on silicone wands is that it could degrade the head of the wand, as stated in one of the guides (can't remember which one).

There's arguments as to whether or not silicone toys can be stored together, with the main point that is often quoted being that 100% pure medical grade silicone toys can be stored together (and indeed used with silicone lube) but that a lot of toys are NOT 100% silicone, even if they claim to be, and so they react with each other.

Take from that what you will; perhaps Lelo's 'silicone skin' on the wand head is not 100% silicone. Perhaps the attachments are not. Perhaps they both are and it's just a lingering paranoia from when toys weren't quite so pure. Perhaps Lovehoney simply have to take a 'just in case' stance so people can't turn around and blame them for damage to their toys. I wouldn't risk it in any case, to be honest!

100% pure silicone toys will not react with eachother. Ever. They just don't. (http://dangerouslilly.com/2014/11/wont-believe-happened-silicone-sex-toys-5-months-jar/)

The problem is companies that say their product is silicone, when in fact it is not. I think this is what Lovehoney are covering their asses against here.

Lelo's silicone is very high quality, I own a lot of their toys and don't doubt it one bit. Some of their toys are the best in the biz. I don't own the wand but I'd say it's extremely unlikely that the skin on that is any different to the skin on their other products.

I do actually own the rabbit attachment you linked to and can tell you that the quality is gorgeous and I don't doubt it's authenticity either. I have stored it next to other silicone toys (including Lelo toys) and none have been harmed.

If it was me, I'd go for it.

Just don't use silicone lube near either as it bonds to other silicone and will ruin the toy!

Thank you all very much!

Special thanks to Spoonerism for giving me hope ;) !

Update: I have ordered it, so hope it will all go smoothly... Thank you all again for the input!

Fab!! I am 99.9% certain all will be well. Happy play time!

Just to update everyone interested: I had my first try-out with the attachment in question. It goes on my Lelo wand (large) a lot easier than I expected it to (I've just put it on while both items dry and without any lube), stays in place well and doesn't move around. I used some water based lube on top while in action. It comes off fairly easy too.

I did not notice any bad chemical stuff happening, but then again, they were only together for a few minutes (just a quick test session, ahem) as I took the attachment off the wand and washed them both pretty soon after. This made me think however that both toys should be fine also for future uses. I mean, they only do stay one on the other for what, maybe 30 minutes or an hour depending on your session? That shouldn’t be enough time for silicone to react, I think (but as Spoonerism already mentioned, I can now confirm that not only the Lelo silicone is high quality, but the Bodywand attachment seems to be too). I store all of my toys individually in separate satin bags anyway so long term reaction is not an issue with me.

Hope this helps anyone in doubt.