Post shaving tips

Ive just shaved my buttfor the first time, it feels incredible, but does anyone have any tips on how to keep it smooth/reduce irritation etc. I know there are forums here about shaving but I was looking specifically for tips once I've already shaved

You could try moisturiser ! But personally I would wax as the new hair will not grown back stubbly and you will not get irritation.

Keep the area clean to help prevent any germs getting trapped and moisturize. Baby oil or something like that would be good.

Yes recently shaved my balls but found the upkeep was too much so have let it grow out again. I think waxing is a better move or maybe a hair removal cream. Not sure how good these are???

Reg90 wrote:

Yes recently shaved my balls but found the upkeep was too much so have let it grow out again. I think waxing is a better move or maybe a hair removal cream. Not sure how good these are???

Cream is also good but you can still get some stubble, but not as much as shaving

I always find hair removal cream to never give me a smooth feel (no matter how long i leave it on). I found putting conditioner on the shaven area helps to be honest, and after if your use femfresh shower gel it helps it not get too irritatated i found.

Saw in another forum someone recommend tea tree oil...but have yet to try it out or work out how to use it x

Tea tree oil is actually great!! It reduces any redness but I would definitely advise keeping it away from the most sensitive areas as you will feel the burn! X

To prevent irritation, always shave with hair conditioner as this smooths the cuticle and prevents stubble itch and shaving spots. I shave daily too and moisturise after with a cream containing shea butter.

I also have found in the past if you sweat a lot there is no hair to catch the sweat so it can make you itch. If you spray deodorant at the top of your bottom crack (not on the anus) this prevents sweat from trickling down there and if you shave the pubic area spray deodorant at the top of the pubic bone whilst avoiding your bits. Ladies need to be particularly careful when doing this to prevent infections. I normally cover my bits with my hand then spray or use a roll-on for more precision.

Hope this helps as it works for me 😊

Earthly body miracle oil! I swear by the stuff x

Coconut oil. I rearly shave fully (I usually just trim with a lady shaver) as I always seem to get ingrown hairs and being diabetic they take forever to heal. Last time this happened, I thought I'd give the coconut oil a try and my bumps and shaving rash disappeared really quickly.

1 Like

NatandTom wrote:

Earthly body miracle oil! I swear by the stuff x

+1, zero ingrowns or irritation since I started using this stuff. It's amazing :)

Hello

As already suggested, this duo is everything you need

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19031

🐼

Another recommendation for coconut oil

And another for Coconut Oil. I shave daily in the shower with a sensitive gel I do my shaft, sack no mans land and ring. Followed by a coconut oil masage. It's also edible. ;-)

Enjoy.