Posting Photos In Random Topics

Not trying to be a misery, but photos are only meant to be posted in the official photo topics, so that they can be moderated during weekday office hours.

10 Likes

I just made a comment in another topic thatā€™s probably worth repeating here: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The only images allowed in all areas of the forum are YouTube clips and Lovehoney website images (product photos and website graphics).
Everything else has to checked by a mod (for obvious reasons)

Some of the photo rules people trip up on regularly, most commonly the no nipples rule (for fairness, this rule is across the board.) so having a read of them is a good idea. Only takes 5min, makes our mods life easier :+1: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Post randos to Images to Share in Topics

I have a question about this @Ian_Chimp ,I always do flag photos that are posted in the non photo thread normally with an additional little note to the OP as to why itā€™s been flagged unless others have already done so but in the other thread you mentioned you advise to flag it as inappropriate. I know it is inappropriate but the link youā€™re given through ā€œour community guidelinesā€ in the flagging system to the Forum Rules that it should be in violation of donā€™t mention the use of photos (unless explicitly inappropriate genitalia, etc.) anywhere unless you further click on to the photo rules when it still only comes in lower down so I feel wrong flagging it as that and have always gone for ā€œsomething elseā€ instead.

I know this is semantics but could a brief paragraph be added to the main Forum Rules/Community Guidelines link maybe under ā€œForum Etiquette and Behaviourā€ to state that photos are only allowed in the #Your Photos categories? I just think it would make it clearer to new users since most probably only read these main rules to start with and this one is broken a lot.

Going to chuck in a little @Lovehoney_Brenna shout out here since she will probably be the one to do this if she and others think itā€™s worth doing?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Brenna will be happy to clarify any of the rules/guides if you have suggestions for edits. :+1:

You can flag a post as anything really, as Brenna can work out what the issue is if itā€™s obvious. The rough guide is:

• Itā€™s Off-Topic (pretty easy)
  • Itā€™s Inappropriate (anything against the rules)
  • Itā€™s Spam (trash posts)
  • Something Else (if you want to add more detail)

For the community stuff to work I think a ā€˜something elseā€™ flag has less ā€˜weightā€™, so youā€™d need more of them to trigger a hide screen. (same for trust levels - a Regular flag has more oomph than a Member flag).

Flagging is no big deal though. Itā€™s a move away from ā€˜reportingā€™. Itā€™s just a way of keeping the forum tidy.

1 Like

There isnā€™t a proper flagging guide yet, if you fancied making one? I know guide-writing isnā€™t everyoneā€™s cup of tea, but some people find it fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is the current Flagging topic in the Forum Help. Itā€™s not great. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmm, been horsing this morning and then at work all afternoon (Overtime for weekend though so I figure thatā€™s essentially 70% of the Dame Arc :+1:). Will have a re-read through the forum topic about it this evening or tomorrow morning and if it actually includes all info I can have a go.

Currently, I do not have the flagging knowledge to write it but maybe the topic will answer all my questionsā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Donā€™t feel that you have to. :slightly_smiling_face: But Iā€™m here if you need anything. :+1:

1 Like

A little tidbit to add to the mixā€¦

It seems like a topic can be auto-closed if it gets a lot of flags. :slightly_smiling_face: I have a feeling the settings havenā€™t been changed on that function since we got updated, so thereā€™s probably scope for adjustment.

Does anybody want to throw in some opinions on how well you think itā€™s worked, or what tweaks you think it needs?

If enough flags close a topic iā€™m ok with it. It happens rarely but we do get the odd person join either deliberately being offensive, thinking itā€™s a dating site or not reading the rules properly, so if enough flags close a topic out of moderation hours, it could prevent people being offended or abused.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s worth remembering. It only really applies to out-of-hours, as Brenna has the ability to override and deal with everything herself when sheā€™s in.

This was an unusual case as I think the topic was closed before the post was hidden. I imagine thatā€™s something to do with either the settings or what people flagged it as maybe?

(itā€™s difficult to discuss specifics without feeling like youā€™re singling someone out. :slightly_smiling_face: But donā€™t worry if it was your post (or flag) that triggered the auto-close - people rarely get into trouble for minor infractions, and especially not if youā€™re new. :+1: From what I saw, an edit was made relatively quickly after the post was hidden - so almost as soon as the notification was sent out - and it brought it back in line with the rules and it reappeared. So kudos for dealing with it so smoothly. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:)

I didnā€™t flag it, just advised that pics have to be moderated and in specific photo related topics.
I think the flagging works best at weekends or out of office hours when you get new members either trolling for kicks, or chatting up members with crude language or asking very personal questions. But as i said, thankfully it happens rarely.

Yep that is very true and a good point to make :point_up:

1 Like

Hmmm. :thinking: The auto-close isnā€™t auto-reopening. Thatā€™s 2 markers itā€™s missed now. I think it might be busted.

1 Like

Little follow-up - it turns out that you need a moderator to clear the flags before an auto-closed topic can reopen. So if it happens at the weekend the timer is lying to you, and itā€™ll only open back up when Brenna is back in. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like